• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

window perf troubles, pic attached

tiredcreations

I've ordered quite a few window perf prints from signs365 lately, I can't find on their site what product they use but I'm not impressed. The liner tears and parts stay on the print, also it doesn't lay down too well.
attachment.php

When you look at it in the right light there are inconsistencies. From what I can tell, the holes are catching air and bubbling out the laminate in some areas. It's near impossible to go back and pop every bubble. Maybe it's installation error, but i've tried different squeegee techniques and been very thorough when applying, but I still can't get one to come out perfect.

I'm familiar with the lam/no lam debate and I'm choosing to stick with laminating. I plan to order my own perf/lam and start printing on a Latex 260, but I'm afraid if it's the material I will run into the same problem.

Does signs365 laminate with polyester or pvc on window perf? With the slight curves of van windows I need to use PVC right? Is one more problematic than the other?

Attachments

• IMAG2162.jpg
    IMAG2162.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 204

J Hill Designs

I've ordered quite a few window perf prints from signs365 lately, I can't find on their site what product they use but I'm not impressed. The liner tears and parts stay on the print, also it doesn't lay down too well.
attachment.php

When you look at it in the right light there are inconsistencies. From what I can tell, the holes are catching air and bubbling out the laminate in some areas. It's near impossible to go back and pop every bubble. Maybe it's installation error, but i've tried different squeegee techniques and been very thorough when applying, but I still can't get one to come out perfect.

I'm familiar with the lam/no lam debate and I'm choosing to stick with laminating. I plan to order my own perf/lam and start printing on a Latex 260, but I'm afraid if it's the material I will run into the same problem.

Does signs365 laminate with polyester or pvc on window perf? With the slight curves of van windows I need to use PVC right? Is one more problematic than the other?

no idea what they use, but whenever I have a question I use their live chat and get responses fairly quickly.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
In my experience. Laminated perf on auto windows really needs to sit in the sun for a couple of days, so it will tighten up and lay flat. After that it looks great.

DougWestwood

low quality lam

HI There,

Looks to me like a low quality lam, or the wrong lam altogether.
Also, if this is a solvent print, it MUST be left at least 24 hours to off-gas before lamination.
That's just the way it is. Some will say the same for latex prints.

Good luck! Please post your fix/solution.
- Doug

AaronSSsignsKC

Almost all laminated perf that is installed on vehicles will look a little grungy for a few days until it gets some good sun on it, as long as it is laminated with an optically clear. If you use just a normal laminate it will look bad no matter what you do.