• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf with CurvaLam Problems. HELP!!

Lexchess

Recently installed some contravision perf with a curvalam onto a Mercedes Suvs back window. Instantly the laminate is leaving major release lines from the perf itself. Is this happening to anyone else? Open to all suggestions. Owner wants the perf to be laminated as he uses his back window so no lam will not fly b/c of the rain.
Thanks in advance. Check out the pics
Im lost on this one!!

Attachments

• DSC03692.jpg
    DSC03692.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC03693.jpg
    DSC03693.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC03691.jpg
    DSC03691.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 108

rjssigns

Maybe an outgas issue, something on the perf, or a bad roll of lam? I'm not much help as I spray mine. No one ever asks for lam.

Lexchess

Outgas

We are using a l25500 which u are supposed to be able to laminate as soon as it comes off printer. (latex printer). However the print did sit in shop for 48 hours before I laminated it so should have been plenty of time I would think.

HulkSmash

We are using a l25500 which u are supposed to be able to laminate as soon as it comes off printer. (latex printer). However the print did sit in shop for 48 hours before I laminated it so should have been plenty of time I would think.

Install issue.

Lexchess

Could be install issue, I have done about 30 perf installs before and never had this issue until I used lam. Wrapped a few cars in my time without issues and perf has always been the easiest part. Colorado what do u recommend? Used my regular technique medium pressure with center hinge. No heat until I saw problem afterwards which cured it for moment then reappeared 5 minutes later. Dry install clean window. I dunno what's up with it ???

WCSign

Maybe an outgas issue, something on the perf, or a bad roll of lam? I'm not much help as I spray mine. No one ever asks for lam.

whats the spray nowadays? ive only ever used frog juice.. is that still around, or is there something newer you would recommend? I hadnt thought about it, but id love to not laminate perf lol

rjssigns

whats the spray nowadays? ive only ever used frog juice.. is that still around, or is there something newer you would recommend? I hadnt thought about it, but id love to not laminate perf lol

I use Sherwin-Williams Kut-In clear(p/n cc648) in spray bomb. Can only get it from a S-W auto paint store. Cans are big and I pay like 14 bux since I have an account.
I have had good success and no call backs. Many of the test units we sent out end up being repeat clients.
Yes we used some of our clients as beta testers. There was no other way to know. I assumed we were pioneering it's use. Gave them a smokin' deal in return for feedback.
Best part is the manager lives down the street and he will drop stuff off after 5pm so I don't have make a special trip.:smile:

striper14

had a similar problem a few years ago. Guy I subbed out to had too much tension on his laminator or so he said. His next attempt sat fine

Smacka

Try boosting your cure temp a tad. Letting it sit will not help as the ink is heat cured, not air cured on the 25500. Another thing to try is to hit it with the heat gun after printing to finish the curing before you laminate if you are noticing just small areas releasing after lamination.

BBworks

Cut back your edges a little and apply some lam in half inch strips around the edge to help those outer edge lifts.

WCSign

I use Sherwin-Williams Kut-In clear(p/n cc648) in spray bomb. Can only get it from a S-W auto paint store. Cans are big and I pay like 14 bux since I have an account.
I have had good success and no call backs. Many of the test units we sent out end up being repeat clients.
Yes we used some of our clients as beta testers. There was no other way to know. I assumed we were pioneering it's use. Gave them a smokin' deal in return for feedback.
Best part is the manager lives down the street and he will drop stuff off after 5pm so I don't have make a special trip.:smile:
awesome, thanks ill try it out