• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf

GuizmoDesigns

I'm having a print issue with my Roland VP-540, but it only appears on window perf. The material does not seem to be accepting the ink, leaving white spots around the holes in the material. I've been running this machine for 2 years and have never had the problem before.

I talked to Roland and they determined it was 'fish-eye' and caused by either static or dust particles, but all the anti-static options I tried have not helped at all. My next thought would be material, but it happens on 3 different rolls from 2 different vendors.

I'm running out of ideas. Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Marc

CS-SignSupply-TT

I am scratching my head on this one. It is the middle of the summer in Ft. Mill South Carolina so your neighbor to the north is Charlotte, NC and your neighbor to the northwest is Lake Wylie. Therefore, excessive humidity might be a culprit. By that I mean, the perf vision rolls are shipped to you via truck; so, they might have absorbed some additional moisture. Have you tried and "environmental" calibration? Did you have a similar occurence last summer; what about November, December, January?

GuizmoDesigns

It has been going on for a while now. we had a tech in back in March. So it was before the real humidity hit the area. But I don't discount that as a possibility.

Marc