Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Window Perforated on window

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by ABCDecals, Sep 9, 2019.

1. ABCDecals

ABCDecals Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Clarks Summit
    i have a customer who wants Window Perforated on his back window of his truck, It is a power window and he puts it down in summer and up at nights. will this work on it?

thanks for the help

Tags:
  2. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

It all depends on whether the window scuffs hard against a rubber gasket or seal

3. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yes, make sure you laminate it and make sure you order your Perf from Bigfish!

• Like Like x 1
  4. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Cut the graphic slightly smaller than the window and seal the edges with Sealit pen.

5. De.signs Nanaimo

De.signs Nanaimo Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Nanaimo
    If you tuck the bottom edge 1/4 inch below the rubber window seal and tape your edges it should be fine, 3M will not warrantee perf on moving windows. I let my client know I will fix issues but not warrantee replacement vinyl. I have a car out there with perf on moving windows and taped edges going in to it's third year with no issues so far (knock on wood).

6. ABCDecals

ABCDecals Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Clarks Summit
    thank you all. i will go ahead on do this like you said