• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window sign

Bikeboybute

Hi guys, ive done window graphics and lettering before, but today i had an with it not wanting to stick too window. Can you get vinyl to stick too acetate?

I use metamark series 7 vinyl

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, is this a reverse cut for inside or are you applying outside ??

My first question would be..... what and how did you prep the surface ??

Jean Shimp

Here in Florida in summertime we deal with moisture forming on glass when the outside temp is very hot & humid and the inside temp is air conditioned. You could be looking at a similar situation with moisture forming on the glass due to high humidity.

Bikeboybute

Always do windows dry as we have done a good job this way any other time. This has got me stumped. I was thinking it was the condensation in the shop to begin with

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you prepped the window properly, there wouldn't be any moisture or anything else on the glass. In fact, there shouldn't be any contaminants on it at all. How long until the vinyl starts to let go ?? Or is it happening while you're taking the application tape off ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Then, you either didn't prep it correctly or there's a temperature difference and you need to let the tape on there a lot longer. I've already left it on overnight and told the customer to slowly remove it the next morning, if it's outta your way to go back.