• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Tint

BaBaboey31

Hope I'm in the right forum. Anyway I've never installed any type of window tint. I was going to take my Element in to get the windows tinted, and thought why not try this myself. Any tips? Good vendor to buy from? Will I need to use heat gun? Install wet or dry?

Thanks in advance!
Gary

rjssigns

Let a pro do it. Seriously. There is a ton of prep and all kinds of little tricks to get the job near perfect. I know I used to do it years ago. Now I have my bud Nick do it since that's how he makes his living. He knocks it out in short order and I get to be stress free.
Not sure if there is any compound curved glass on an Element. If there is you need to shrink the tint to the glass on the outside or you will NEVER get it in. Many methods for shrinking too. Fabric softener, talc, dry, etc... Other thing is using a top grade film. The stuff you get at the local auto parts store ain't gonna cut it.

"Deposit Please"

+2. Best tip is to get it done by a professional.
You'll end up with a galaxy of dust, bubbles bigger than hot air balloons and a road map of creases if you try it yourself.