• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Tint???

trik

Just a question for all the window tint experts out there.

I need to remove the tint on my side windows of the car, they have been on for 6 years. It looks like it may come of pretty easy, but before I went to town on it, is there any tips or tricks?

What can I expect?

Thanks....

strypguy

Peel the edge up with razor blade and remove tint. It will probably leave alot of the glue on the window. I use soapy water and spray the glass. keep it really wet and use new razor blades to remove the glue. Make sure to get in the weatherstrip channels. If you don't the glue will dry out again and the window may stick causing damage or make the glass hard to roll up.

I've been installing 3M tint for over 15 years and it's the way we do it.
If you use any solvent removers the glue will make a sticky mess.

John

btropical.com

use blackgarbage bag and soak inside tint with soapy water apply garbage bag and let sun bake glue till soft 1/2 hr or so . same as above just makes thing s easier if razor and slow peel does not work www.tintdude.com