• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Vinyl What to Use?

SAR.Summerlin

So I have a customer asking for us to do an opaque 4'x8' print for a window he doesn't want perf. The window has a western exposure. I am not sure what material to use for this as it hasn't come up before. Any recommendations on Vinyl and Lam i should use.

brownart

Window Vinyl

Is this going to be a promotional sign or one that will be long term? And the customer wants it on a single piece of vinyl? We use Oracal and Avery, but it depends on the life needed of window decal.

brownart

If the window graphic is short term promotional under 3 years you could use Oracal 3621 and depending on ink you are using you might not need lamination but if you do they recommend Oraguard 210. If it is a long term Window display I would use the 3551 RA it has air release and make an easier installation. the recommended laminate for that is Oraguard 290. Hope this helps.

Steve

SAR.Summerlin

If the window graphic is short term promotional under 3 years you could use Oracal 3621 and depending on ink you are using you might not need lamination but if you do they recommend Oraguard 210. If it is a long term Window display I would use the 3551 RA it has air release and make an easier installation. the recommended laminate for that is Oraguard 290. Hope this helps.

Steve

So would I be able to get away with using my 3mIJ180 and 3M 8518 lam. I wasn't sure because some people have said using solid vinyl can cause windows to crack so I wanted to make sure we use the correct material.