• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Vision Issues...

Beavis

I have a mamaki jv3 sp2 I'm printing on 3m's window vision. As it's coming off the printer i check my work make sure colors look good and everything and what do i see a line straight through my work of no ink. This line is in alllll of my window vision just in one single spot as if something is preventing the ink from sticking. i can't just have this line in a window vision thats part of a wrap but i can't try again because i know it will be right back where its at. someone help my tech from Midwest isn't the best help he finds a way to blame us and i use those stupid gloves that come with the cleaning kits so my fingerprint don't get into any of the vinyl theres no noticeable raised area there.

Attachments

• IMG_2219.jpg
    IMG_2219.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 132

flyinhawaiian968

The line is running vertically through the orange part of the image.

I'm thinking its the material (unless the Mimaki has a reader strip like the Roland, then it may be dirty right there). Try unloading the material and moving it one inch over either left or right, then reprint. If the line is in the image at the exact same spot on the material again, its either the material or (highly unlikely) the image you're printing. If the line shows up in the same spot on the machine, it may need a cleaning or dusting.

Chris