• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 7 and Flexi Mutoh Edition??

LenXIII

Does anyone here have Windows 7 that also uses the Mutoh edition Flexi rip software?

I cannot get Flexi to work for the life of me. I think the program installed ok (it gave one error during install, but seemed to have succeeded) but when I start the program it tells me my hardware key is not inserted. Well windows 7 doesn't seem to have any drivers for the USB key required to run the software?? Does anyone know a work around?

LenXIII

In device manager it comes up as Safenet Sentinel Dual Hardware Key. It is black.

I use Flexi Mutoh 5.0v3 - I am assuming they have a different version standard than regular flexi? I don't think it could really be THAT old. I only use it as rip software, it is not flexi production house or anything like that.

I have even went as far now as installing the windows XP virtual machine on the Windows 7 PC, but in the virtual machine it wont detect the USB Sentinal when plugged in so I still have the same issue.

LenXIII

UPDATE:

I got it working. All I had to do was download the drivers directly from the manufacturer of the security device. It would be nice if Flexi OR Mutoh could tell you that. I know it sounds like common sense, but I don't know a lot about these security keys. Anyway Safenet-inc is the website just in case anyone else comes across the same problem. Install the drivers BEFORE plugging in the key.

Compilla

I am glad you got it going, Sentinel Driver 7.5.0 it's the current version of the Black Sentinel dongle.

So far, everything that worked on Vista, has worked on my new system with Windows 7.