• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 7 Problems with internet, HELP!!!

LMSigns24

Why is it that when I click on certain links on certain webpages, I get a blank page?? Even on this site when i go to upload something, i click on the tab and it doesnt do anything. Music streamer do not work for me either. I have been trying to get on a photographers site, to view photos, and nothing! What is going on? Anyone have the new windows 7?? Can't seem to download flash player either. Help!!

choucove

If you use IE 8, it could be a comatibility issue (with the particular page), and you need to turn on "compatibility mode" - instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

This seems like the most logical explanation if you are having troubles and using IE8. A lot of websites are not displaying properly in this version of Internet Explorer yet. Even beyond the compatibility, I would HIGHLY recommend switching to Firefox or Chrome as suggested above as well. They not only work faster in most all cases than Internet Explorer, but they are infinitely more secure than IE. I removed viruses from three computers last week that had been infected from a specific website while viewing with IE. However, just as a test, we visited that same website using Firefox and did not get the virus. Such a simple thing to help prevent such a huge headache.

jiarby

I have a neighbor with the same problem. Check security settings in internet options. Set everything to low, or reset to defaults. Then try again.

For the neighbor that works until they close IE8 and start a new session then the problem comes back.

I uninstalled IE8 & put it back but that did not resolve the issue. This is going to end up being a Service Pack fix I am sure.

I gave them firefox.