Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Problems with internet, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by LMSigns24, Jun 30, 2010.

1. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    Why is it that when I click on certain links on certain webpages, I get a blank page?? Even on this site when i go to upload something, i click on the tab and it doesnt do anything. Music streamer do not work for me either. I have been trying to get on a photographers site, to view photos, and nothing! What is going on? Anyone have the new windows 7?? Can't seem to download flash player either. Help!!

Tags:
  2. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I haven't had any problems. What browser are you using?

3. Dice

Dice Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
  4. Mark S. Adams

Mark S. Adams Member

Mar 27, 2009
  5. choucove

choucove Active Member

Feb 25, 2008
    This seems like the most logical explanation if you are having troubles and using IE8. A lot of websites are not displaying properly in this version of Internet Explorer yet. Even beyond the compatibility, I would HIGHLY recommend switching to Firefox or Chrome as suggested above as well. They not only work faster in most all cases than Internet Explorer, but they are infinitely more secure than IE. I removed viruses from three computers last week that had been infected from a specific website while viewing with IE. However, just as a test, we visited that same website using Firefox and did not get the virus. Such a simple thing to help prevent such a huge headache.

6. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    I have a neighbor with the same problem. Check security settings in internet options. Set everything to low, or reset to defaults. Then try again.

For the neighbor that works until they close IE8 and start a new session then the problem comes back.

I uninstalled IE8 & put it back but that did not resolve the issue. This is going to end up being a Service Pack fix I am sure.

I gave them firefox.