• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 7 X3 CutContour tried everything

sid-fmx

I know this has been covered more times then anything else but have tried everything and still isnt working. I installed the custom spot color pallet, set up the CutContour color and doesnt work. I just bought this new computer with Windows 7 and none of my files I have cut with before or even new files will not show the dancing ants. Works fine with any of these files on my old computer. Ive bee at it all day and night and still nothing. I went thru the searches and tried everything, is there any last resorts besides giving up on this lol. Thank you for any help and ideas.

sid-fmx

Ok, just found something, from what Im seeing is in the custom spot color pallet the magenta is called CutContour, but in the spot color select box under spot colors a different color that is close to magenta is called CutContour and magenta is called unnamed color. I tried changing the name and isnt allowing me to change anything.

ChiknNutz

The color makes no difference at all. Are you sure you need to use the name CutContour and not CutPath? Either way, when you export, ensure it is with Hairline width, and is for sure being exported as a spot color (check the export settings as they default to convert spot to process...it MUST be a spot color).

sid-fmx

thanks for the reply, I did check to make sure the spot color wasnt converted to process and am using hairline. Even my old files I cut from for the last 2 years arent working either for some reason.

sid-fmx

Im really pulling my hair out on this one. I have done everything to the book, is thre a problem with Windows 7 and versaworks?

sid-fmx

Has anyone used X3 with windows 7 and versaworks. The sp300v prints fine but doesnt cut and doesnt see the cut lines. Going on 14 hours straight on trying to fix this.

TheSnowman

If your old files won't work, I would assume that the path it's looking for isn't called "CutContour". When I reinstalled my RIP once, I had to go in and change it to CutContour again.

DRamm76

If I am not mistaken, I believe it is called "CutContour" for Graphtec and CutPath from Roland. Have you gone onto to Roland's site and donwloaded the latest drivers directly from them. I've sent many people in this direction with Windows 7 and it has solved the problem.

sid-fmx

thanks guys, I looked on the roland website but couldnt find the driver for the SP300v, only for the 540. I used CutContour with my other computer and works find but versaworks isnt seeing the cut lines with the new computer running windows 7. Id like to try the lates driver but can only find for XP, does anyone have a link to the new driver. Thanks again guys

joeshaul

Hate to ask the "dumb" question, but under Cut Controls, you're set to "Print and Cut", or "Cut" and don't see the ants, correct? Print only will not show the ants at all.
Seems that whenever my CutContour spot color buggered up in my graphics file and Versaworks wouldn't recognize it (occasionally happens when I transition from design computer to production computer), it would be replaced by an actual colored outline and not the trailing ants.

sid-fmx

Thanks for the reply Joe, I have it set for print and cut. It doesnt even show the outline. If I use a different color then CutContour it will show an outline but doesnt with the CutContour spot color. Im wondering If I take my computer to the Roland dealer if they would be nice enough to help me fix this. I have 3 large prints I have to make before Monday and my old computer is way to slow for this large of file.

joeshaul

One final stab that I can think of:
Are you using your old exported EPS files from your old Corel to bring back into Versaworks, or are you bringing in the CDR files and re-exporting them on the new machine?

If you're using old CDR files, the default EPS export settings may not work, and I believe I ran into that same issue before. I've attached my export dialog settings that I use on my production machine. Most important is that the EPS version be EPS Ver 2 (I believe my install went to 3 by default and was the initial cause of my problem). Hope that's the case and hope it gets you on your way.

I.E. I for example do all my design on my design machine, access the files from my versacamm/production machine and export to a "cut file" EPS which is saved on the versaworks machine. I don't think a lo tof people actually keep the EPS hanging around, but I do just in case as kind of a dual backup, or in case a job isn't coming out quite right.

Attachments

• export.jpg
    export.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 65

sid-fmx

Thanks again. I tried re saving them and also tired new file and nothing. Double checked the exporting and is version 2. Thanks for the ideas, If you think of anything else please let me know. Thanks again

silviopr

hi there,

if you have a text-editor (such as notepad or something) you can open the EPS-file in the job-folder of your versaworks (mostly at %INSTALLDIR%\Versaworks\Printers\%YOURPRINTER%\%YOURJOB%). in one of the first (10) lines there must be something about "%%DocumentCustomColors: (CutContour)". when nothing about documentcustomcolors is there, the cutcontour isn´t exported correctly and it is an issue of CorelDraw. if it stands there, well, then it´s a problem of versaworks maybe.

btw: postscript-level 3 in eps-exportfilter works perfectly well for me.

RMXGRAPHIX

I believe "CutPath" is for color rip and "CutContour" is Versaworks I just switched to windows 7 and I dont see the ants in versaworks but the cut path is there and does cut. I would check to see that you have it set to print & cut and not just cut ...... hopes this helps...Jr

Barbie2

Roland

Hey,
are you using versaworks?
what type of file from corel are you making? we make pdf, using publish to pdf. works great but if you have drop shadows and lens, well you have to do a few things or the CutContour (martching ants) will not show in versaworks.
when you are in corel, make a circle and make the outline your CutContour colour. make a pdf using publish to pdf. do the ants show up in versaworks?
FYI roland phone tech support will help for free.

sid-fmx

Hi, I tried the pdf file but didnt work. I made sure I had all the updates for corel and vesraworks. I called roland and Corel with no luck. I have everything working excepts for the cutting. Prints fine just doesnt cut or see the marching ants. Funny thing is it doesnt show the color outline that I have called CutContour so it must be reconizing it if it shows up blank and not the color. I had a big job due today and is my first time I didnt meet a deadline.

Barbie2

colour

don't take offence of how simple i write.
when you click the object in the bottom right corner of the screen, does the colour say CutContour?