• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 7 X3 CutContour tried everything

sid-fmx

Hi, It does say CutContour Hairline. I notice in versaworks the cutpath has a light blue outline for some reason

sid-fmx

Hi, It does say CutContour Hairline. I notice in versaworks the cutpath has a thick grey outline for some reason

joeshaul

Unfortunately I don't have any real Windows 7 experience to troubleshoot it directly.
Try to run Versaworks in compatibility mode, if that still doesn't work, then check the queue files manually.

The queue files are stored by default in:
C:\Program Files\Roland Versaworks\Versaworks\Printers\?yourprintermodel?\Queue-A\?jobname?

Yourprintermodel and jobname are variable to your setup. You should have around 5-6 files in the jobname folder. There should be a Cutpath1.cpl file in there for the cutpaths, if it isn't there, or it is a 0 byte file, then it's definitely an issue with versaworks picking up/finding the spot color. If however the file does exist, it's a problem with versaworks interpreting the cutpath data.

Let me know what you find in the queue folder if you're willing to take a look, might be able to think of a workaround. If you could post a dummy eps file, that might help too, just draw a rectangle in Corel, apply your CutContour to it, then export and post it here. More than likely though your eps files are fine though and it's just some code that isn't playing nice with Windows.

Barbie2

screen

i will take some screen shots at work tomorrow and give you our step by step. we use corel x4 and windows 7

sid-fmx

Ive been trying everything. I just tried a test cut from versaworks and wouldnt cut but tried test cut from the actual printer and works.

sid-fmx

ok, might have found something, I right clicked the versaworks shortcut and selected to run it as administrator and now the test cut works but now cant import any eps or any type of files into it.

sid-fmx

OMG!!!!!! I almost crapped myself! After 4 days and almost 50 hours trying to get this to work and YES it finally does!!! Heres the trick with windows 7. You have to run it as administrator! (and use file/add job, I always use to just click and drag but doesnt with administrator for somereason) Then it works!!! Thank you so much everyone with your helping hand in this, now im going to faint