Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 7

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by vfarina, Jun 29, 2010.

1. vfarina

vfarina New Member

May 4, 2010
    hi all thanks for the great site. I am running rastor link pro II , fine cut 7 on a mimaki jv3. I recently updated w/ new computer; windows 7. Not sure where to start, have gotten different info from supplier and manufacturer. Anyone running windows 7???? thanks

Tags:
  2. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
  3. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    By the way...Welcome to :signs101:....You should post an introduction in the new member welcome forum!

Terry

4. Dice

Dice Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
    You will need RasterLink 5 to run on windows 7. If you have a serial key then you can download it from their site and install it. If you have a dongle or the bundle version your out of luck. You'll have to use version 4 on an XP machine.

5. vfarina

vfarina New Member

May 4, 2010
    thanks

6. vfarina

vfarina New Member

May 4, 2010
    do you know if version 4 will work on an xp "compatible" windows 7 machine?

7. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

No idea on trying to run it on a virtual machine session. Personally I'd not try it myself as you do not want a "buggy" or otherwise rigged setup for business critical things. Also versus downloading drivers from some third party site I'd suggest downloading them directly from Mimaki.

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/download/uc_index.php

Not saying they are (and they are probably just fine) but who knows if someone has tampered with files from 3rd party sites. If you can get something directly from the manufacturer it just seems prudent to do so.

Not really sure what version the driver at the other site is but the newest 3.0 one from Mimaki also supports 64 bit operating systems if the copy of Windows 7 you will be using is 64 bit that will be mandatory.