• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 8 - Running flexi?

signman0808

Has anyone had any luck running Flexi on Windows 8?

I had to update two machines at my office, 7 wasn't available only 8!
I have Flexi 8.1.1, and had been running it on XP with no issues....

What kind of trouble am I in?

Any help would be appreciated!

RwJ

signman0808

My version runs fine in 8, the problem comes up when I try to go to the production manager. That is when all hell breaks out and locks the software up.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to take an XP machine from my wife's office and make it my production machine, and give her the new 8 machine to design with...

Not even sure if this is gonna work!!!

CS-SignSupply

10.5.1 should work on all windows 8 with exception to RT

drivers are the bigger issue

As for FS 8.1.1 on windows 8, no idea. Would never have recommended it. Upgrade to 10.5.1 or find an XP box

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I highly doubt that Flexi 8 will work on Windows 8. Version 10.5.1 isn't supported either but should work somewhat OK. The biggest issue will be if your output device needs a windows driver to work. The next release of Flexi is supposed to be Windows 8 compatible. From what I was told it is also supposed to be a free upgrade for version 10 users.

signman0808

My version of flexi seems to run ok on 8, just as long as I stay out of te production manager. Thats when it locks the software up....

I have two options:
Grab my sons pc from home (Windows 7), and load Flexi and produce from this machine

Or

I can grab my wife's machine (XP) , and use that as the production machine.

I think I can design with my flexi on the windows 8 machines, as longs I don't try to produce anything.....

I'm in a real bind!

ron12512

I have found it to work ok once I figured out that I had to use pdf files instead of the ai files I used with windows xp

tanneji

Using Flexi 8.1 on Windows 8 without issue. I don't use production manager on this machine though so I cannot speak to potential issues with that. Works fine on our Win7 Box though.

letterman7

Yup, running 8.1 here on Win8 as well with no issues (relatively speaking). I don't use the production manager either.

FrankW

Most of the problems appear when trying to access system ressources from flexi, specially ports (serial, USB) from applications. Was a big problem with Flexi 8.1 when Vista was released. 8.1 works, Production Manager runs too, output to devices don't work.

yukon

Just set up my new Win8 system. I'm able to use Flexi 10.5 fine, but Production Manager crashes everytime.

Guess I'll wait for the Flexi Win8 upgrade. Anyone know when that will be out?

thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just installed PhotoPrint 10.5, which is essentially just the production manager of Flexi 10.5, on windows 8 a couple of days ago and it is running flawlessly.