• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 8?

westpointsigns

I WAS going to upgrade to Windows 7 but it is now off the shelves and now currently more expensive than Windows 8.

Is FlexiSIGN Pro 10.5.1 compatible with Windows 8?

If it is not...Will it be updated for compatibility?

royster13

My son who is much more techie than me says Win 8.0 is a "pass".....

As far as Win 7.0, I saw the upgrade package at Walmart just after Christmas....Or maybe Amazon or Ebay....

TheSnowman

My mom bought a couple new computers that had 8 on them and I HATED MY LIFE trying to figure those things out. It's like they tried to go "mac-ish" with it, but failed miserably. I'd stick with 7 for now or go back to XP!

SignBurst PCs

That version of Flexi is compatible.

As far as Windows 8, it took me a day, but I really like it. I have to admit, it did take me a bit to figure it out though. If you think of the START PAGE as the same as the START BUTTON, you will be golden. It is just a START BUTTON on steroids. After you get used to it, I find it takes less clicks to get where I am going.

westpointsigns

The only reason I want to upgrade to a newer OS is for the RAM.

I'm running XP in Parallels on an iMac with 16 Gig of RAM. I'm hoping an upgrade will process the graphics better in FLEXI.

Joe Diaz

You know I think I would really like 8, especially if I had a windows based tablet, but for work, it doesn't really have much to offer for me.... In fact I wonder if all the new touch features would just get in the way.

JoeBoomer

Windows 8 is like putting your iPhone OS on a Mac. It's not for business.

Actually, it is just Win 7, but for people with ADD. It sucks, I end up using keyboard shortcuts for everything in it because the start page is something out of a bad Andy Warhol dream.

I would definitely go with Win 7. It was the first Win. OS that was usable for me. (I use the indexing/search religiously; much like Apple spotlight.