• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If this has been discussed, I couldn't find it, heck I couldn't even figure out what categaory to put this in, so here goes.........

We have a customer who wants 3 windows with digital pictures and some copy on them. They're not large by any means. Each one is 33" wide x 78" tall.

I suggested :

Perf vinyl.... Nope.
Regular vinyl.....Nope.
Translucent vinyl... Nope.

He doesn't want it outside. Can't talk him out of outside.

We don't have a white head in any of our printers, so I said :

We can print in reverse on clear and back it up with translucent white vinyl so the colors pop.
Will I be able to see through it ??.....Nope.
Then I don't want it.

I know fast food chains and places like that have them..... what are they using ??

:thankyou: for any help on the matter. Gino

Also, if I can possibly talk him into the printing on clear, must we use Optical Clear or will any clear work ??

Mosh

I installed some at our local McDonald's, inside perf. It looks like it was clear perf printed backwards and them printed solid white, then solid black on top of that. The cut off's where in the box and the ends looked like this is how it was done.

Customer supplied prints of course.

omgsideburns

Stuff I always see at fast food is static cling, reverse printed with white flood for interior mount. If its "see through" it's just got a perf-look print to it.

But I only eat at like.. two fast food places.

Donny7833

Pano Film from fellers works really well. Film is 80/20, so it's a nice saturated print.
Here's a window we did for a restaurant down town. There's a lot of glare in the photo, it looks better in person.

Attachments

• Carps_Window.jpg
    Carps_Window.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 112

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pano Film from fellers works really well. Film is 80/20, so it's a nice saturated print.
Here's a window we did for a restaurant down town. There's a lot of glare in the photo, it looks better in person.

Is that mounted from inside or outside ?? It's about the same cost as the Magic Perf.