Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows......................

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Gino, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If this has been discussed, I couldn't find it, heck I couldn't even figure out what categaory to put this in, so here goes.........

We have a customer who wants 3 windows with digital pictures and some copy on them. They're not large by any means. Each one is 33" wide x 78" tall.

I suggested :

Perf vinyl.... Nope.
    Regular vinyl.....Nope.
    Translucent vinyl... Nope.

He doesn't want it outside. Can't talk him out of outside.

We don't have a white head in any of our printers, so I said :

We can print in reverse on clear and back it up with translucent white vinyl so the colors pop.
    Will I be able to see through it ??.....Nope.
    Then I don't want it.

I know fast food chains and places like that have them..... what are they using ??

:thankyou: for any help on the matter. Gino

Also, if I can possibly talk him into the printing on clear, must we use Optical Clear or will any clear work ??

Tags:
  2. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    new vue interior mount

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I installed some at our local McDonald's, inside perf. It looks like it was clear perf printed backwards and them printed solid white, then solid black on top of that. The cut off's where in the box and the ends looked like this is how it was done.

Customer supplied prints of course.

4. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Stuff I always see at fast food is static cling, reverse printed with white flood for interior mount. If its "see through" it's just got a perf-look print to it.

But I only eat at like.. two fast food places.

5. Donny7833

Donny7833 Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Bluffton, SC
    Pano Film from fellers works really well. Film is 80/20, so it's a nice saturated print.
    Here's a window we did for a restaurant down town. There's a lot of glare in the photo, it looks better in person.

Attached Files:

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Is that mounted from inside or outside ?? It's about the same cost as the Magic Perf.

7. guitarguy69

guitarguy69 Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Kansas
    ^^^ This. I use this product with a 1/3" permanent/re-useable tape for application.

8. Donny7833

Donny7833 Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Bluffton, SC
    Mounted on the inside with 1" Pano Tape. Tape is permanent on the graphic side, removable on the window side.