• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windshield price lettering

artray

Greetings again.
I am looking for some suggestions on a very low tack vinyl for doing the vehicle prices on windshields at a car dealer lot.
Am I right in thinking it should not be something permanent that the dealer would have to fight/scrape to take off after a making a sale?

Art

G-Artist

When we screen printed those (in another life, it seems) we used EZ removable bumper sticker vinyl. Some shops (not us) used cheap vinyl impregnated paper. Both were available from print supply houses like Mac Paper. In any case, the adhesive was merely rubber cement.

Nowadays it is very hard to compete with places like Mosh listed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Prices are declining so fast these days, that I think dry erase would be a better idea..... so they can mark 'em down every few days.

artray

Aaaah. I spent thousands on equipment and materials and I really don't want to be known as the guy that uses shoe polish on new car windshields instead of cut vinyl lettering. Also I am pretty sure that the car dealer owner would like for his car windshield prices to look just as good as all of the other car dealers on the same street.
I would also think that shoe polish on a windshield would also have a small effect on customers decision to buy a car from a dealer that supported a graphics business by have professional cut graphics done vs a dealer that looked like he had to cut corners and used shoe polish for his lettering.

G-Artist

Never shoe polish. Glass Wax. It can be tinted and applied with a brush.

Washes off in the rain, though.

Good enough for the third-rate 'buy-here, pay-here' places...lol!!!