• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Winery Signs

piccadillysigns

Not our standard cottage signs but still lots of fun.

30lb HDU, all the letters were all cut on my Hegner scroll saw.
The Client wanted a pitted kind of texture like forged steel behind the letters.
The Larger ones are 60" x 18"

Attachments

• IMG_4369.jpg
    IMG_4369.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4368.jpg
    IMG_4368.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4343.jpg
    IMG_4343.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4347.jpg
    IMG_4347.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 105

mrchips

Mission accomplished!!!!

Nice steady hand with the Hegner........great machine.

I'm curious about the pitting myself.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

piccadillysigns

Hi Guy's

Thank you for the kind feedback. I used a rotary tool with a flexi shaft attachment.
I found that with a ball stone on the flexi shaft when you hit the surface when its on it bounces off the surface like when you tap the end of a pencil on a desk, so I bounced the ball all around the surface for a random pattern, different size balls create random size pits. I also used some fine point tips for the smaller holes. The larger holes I just held the ball stone in one spot until I got the depth that I wanted.

Marlene

you do some really nice looking signs! I look forward to seeing a post from you as I know there will be something beautiful to see!

SignManiac

Nice background effect. How did you accomplish it? I've done some similar textures in HDU using a ball peen hammer. Curious how you did yours.

piccadillysigns

Hi

SignManiac, I gave a quick note on the background a couple posts ago this explains my very basic process on the pitting.
As for the paint I used Dulux latex exterior paint, the store had trouble getting the colours from my Pantone book so i made my own swatch to match the pantone and then they were able to get the colour, The finish is a water based clear coat Satin finish.

Paul

RogueRoller

Hi

SignManiac, I gave a quick note on the background a couple posts ago this explains my very basic process on the pitting.
As for the paint I used Dulux latex exterior paint, the store had trouble getting the colours from my Pantone book so i made my own swatch to match the pantone and then they were able to get the colour, The finish is a water based clear coat Satin finish.

Paul

The finish is superb :rock-n-roll:
Very Classy

SignManiac

Hi

Paul

Thanks Paul, I missed that somehow. Great idea on doing them that way.