• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Winodws 7, 7.5 and plotters...

chili

Upgraded to windows 7 and now no drivers show up under the add setup section of Program manger. Other than that, it works fine. I have read where it wasn't compatible with Vista, but other people said it worked fine. I have also read about this specific problem, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for all.
I will not upgrade to 8.0+ because I got burned many times by Scanvec and Casmate with the "upgrade and it will fix your problem" answer. Ironically Casmate works fine and their drivers show up; I just don't have a time machine to travel back to when these plotters existed.

Any luck with messing with compatibility mode?

any possible work-arounds for this?

thanks!

iSign

I'm going to upgrade my dedicated Flexi/rip/inkjet printing workstation to W7, so I can bump the ram to 8 gigs for crunching those big files from time to time.

I run Flexi 8 & spoke to my tech support people at Advantage Sign Supply & they told me i would be compatible except i would need to DL a new driver.

The driver I will need is for my Mimaki printer & cutter, so that driver comes from Mimaki, not SAI... so that may be the direction you should look also. Did you hint at some ancient equipment being part of the challenge here? ...might want to spell that out for us too...

And in the OS upgrade, going from XP? full reformat & reinstall of Flexi? If no drivers at all is your issue, rather than needing a W7-compatible driver (like what my issue will be) ...then maybe there is a separate disc that came with Flexi?

chili

thanks for then tips. I will try these out and let you know if they work.

I have a driver for the graphtec, but there is no way that I can see to load it into production manager. Everything is just blank under "add setup"

I make a joke about the old equipment because Casmate doesn't support the newer graphtec I have (FC 5100)> I was saying that I would need a time machine to get an old plotter to make use of the drivers in Casmate. I wish there was a way to upgrade the drivers in casmate.

Steph_Stamm

If no drivers at all is your issue, rather than needing a W7-compatible driver (like what my issue will be) ...then maybe there is a separate disc that came with Flexi?

The drivers should install during the program installation. The only other disks that came with Flexi 7 would've been the Fonts and Graphics CD and ICC Profiles. Good luck! :smile: