• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Winsock message during print

Are any of you familiar with Winsock errors and what to check out when getting them?

Just started getting this message when printing. Winsock Error 10054.
I have a Dell
I am printing with a 1204 Mutoh ValueJet using Wasatch RIP 7.0
Everything has been working fine and thought maybe something changed during windows updates since it's the only thing that has changed recently.
I have a Dell 8700 64 bit 2 TB hardrive with plenty of memory Windows 7.

I get the message about 8" into a print. I tried turning off firewall and checked my settings in Wasatch to see if anything went goofy but I must be missing something somewhere. Any ideas or advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

w2csa

Here's what I found with a Google search

Computers are rife with potential errors and, of all of them, socket error 10054 is one of the easier ones to fix. This error is usually caused accidentally when the user shuts down the software or closes the connection while the computer is attempting to connect with a server. More serious causes of this error are the Internet connection suddenly dropping or a proxy server disabling server connections. As with all errors, the firewall also could be acting up and causing the connection to break.

The overall reason why this socket error occurs is because the server connection has been broken by something outside the server. Most of the time, this is an action caused, either purposefully or accidentally, by the user. When 10054 manifests, as with other errors, the first thing that the user should do is to temporarily disable the firewall, because firewalls sometimes break good connections, thinking they are bad.

If the problem occurred because of an accidental or manual shutdown of the program, then this will be even easier to fix than the firewall method. Sometimes, when a user is attempting to connect to a server, he or she will close the program. This may be because he no longer needs to connect to the server or because the program was closed mistakenly. In this instance, he can just start the program again and the connection should work.

negrozx

Are any of you familiar with Winsock errors and what to check out when getting them?

Just started getting this message when printing. Winsock Error 10054.
I have a Dell
I am printing with a 1204 Mutoh ValueJet using Wasatch RIP 7.0
Everything has been working fine and thought maybe something changed during windows updates since it's the only thing that has changed recently.
I have a Dell 8700 64 bit 2 TB hardrive with plenty of memory Windows 7.

I get the message about 8" into a print. I tried turning off firewall and checked my settings in Wasatch to see if anything went goofy but I must be missing something somewhere. Any ideas or advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Can you fix or solve this? I am having the exactly same issue...