• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Winter Wonderland...

Marlene

so, how wretched is it in your neck of the woods? snow, snow and more snow. freezing drizzle just to make things more interesting and below zero temps expected for the weekend. uck.

signgal

s'posed to "snow" or sleet,really here, over night :] <insert comment regarding hell freezing over here>

Tharnpheffa

45 right now in Jax FL with dreary drizzle.
Been in the 20s at night all week. Had to pick the grapefruit early:(

Jim Doggett

Around 10F at night and staying below 32F during the day here in Gainesville, TX. But with the help of Valium and support groups, I think we might get through it. :^)

gabagoo

my theory is if it's going to be cold we may as well have snow too. I love when a wicked storm rolls through and the entire city grinds to a halt...well on a saturday anyways lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
my theory is if it's going to be cold we may as well have snow too. I love when a wicked storm rolls through and the entire city grinds to a halt...well on a saturday anyways lol

Yeah, me too.

I think its so cool when Mother Nature says.... I'm gonna screw with you people for a few weeks just to show you who really is powerful. :noway:

No feeling in the world.... like having the ground, trees bushes and everything totally snow covered and you go out for a walk at night and you feel so close to nature and the sounds are so muted. Hearing the crunching of snow under your feet and the occasional snow fall from a tree..... it sounds as if you have a hidden microphone right there with you. :clapping:

gabagoo

Yeah, me too.

I think its so cool when Mother Nature says.... I'm gonna screw with you people for a few weeks just to show you who really is powerful. :noway:

No feeling in the world.... like having the ground, trees bushes and everything totally snow covered and you go out for a walk at night and you feel so close to nature and the sounds are so muted. Hearing the crunching of snow under your feet and the occasional snow fall from a tree..... it sounds as if you have a hidden microphone right there with you. :clapping:

agree agree agreee!!!!

Rising

Snow covered the whole country here. No one's safe. Most snow I have seen since I was a wee lad. -10 at night, more snow on the weekend.

great to play in, pain in the rear end for business..... roll on spring.

steve

Letterbox Mike

We got about 4-5" yesterday, not much but enough to make me act like a kid in a candy shop. I love snow, if it's going to be miserably cold out, at least put snow on the ground, I don't think there's much in this world more beautiful than a snow covered landscape so I'm loving it. I'm planning on bundling up and going to a nice long hike in the woods tomorrow morning with a thermos of hot chocolate. Life doesn't get better!

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's great Impressions... but ain't we gonna freeze our butts off tonight?? Down in the low 30's???

Tim Aucoin

We're (finally) getting a break from the cold. We've been in a cold snap since Dec 19th (third longest on record here). Yesterday on the way to work it was -27C (-16F)... that has pretty much been the average since Dec 19th!! This morning, on the way to work it was 0C (32F)! We're expected to hit +12C (53F) by Tuesday!!! :clapping:and stay in the plusses for a while. And as far as snow goes... I've shoveled more this season already than I did in the last two years! We have piles over 5' deep on our lawn from shoveling! Hopefully some major melting will happen in the next week! :rolleyes:

astro8

Jeez......I can't even imagine being that cold as some of you....it'll probably hit 100F here over the next few days.

Marlene

OK, there is that. all the trees in my area are covered with snow and a coating of ice and it is kind of pretty. this morning the snow was so fluffy that it looked like fake snow and it was pretty.

Rising

Astro

ahh mate, I do miss Sydney. I lived there for a year, 95-96, up the coast to Fraser Island and Cairns. mmmmm them were the days. We are looking at coming over for 3 weeks this year for Christmas, we have friends in Adelaide, Sydney and Perth, gonna cost us a few bob. Better get our machines working 24/7.

Steve

astro8

Astro

ahh mate, I do miss Sydney. I lived there for a year, 95-96, up the coast to Fraser Island and Cairns. mmmmm them were the days. We are looking at coming over for 3 weeks this year for Christmas, we have friends in Adelaide, Sydney and Perth, gonna cost us a few bob. Better get our machines working 24/7.

Steve

Hahh...I want to see a white christmas and make a snowman before I kick the bucket...all this talk of snow and freezing cold has got me wanting some. You can get tired of sun, sea and sand believe it or not.