• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper not working in thin mode JV3-160SP

CStewart

The wiper does stops at front of head and pulley just spins until it quits when in the thin mode. When in the thick mode the same thing happens but after about 5 to 10 seconds it wipes.

The wiper is clean. I'm just getting this used machine up for my first try.

Was wondering if the wiper should be tighter on the pulley. It seems kinda loose. I don't know if that's the way it should be.

Thanks

gabagoo

Icant say the height of the heads would cause that but maybe there is an ink build up on the rails that carry the wiper back and forth. Sometimes if the ink dries it can get stuck inside the sponge area

CStewart

Thanks gabagoo, I checked the rails and they are clean. It looks like the rubber pulley is not connected to the wiper. I'm going to check it out more on Monday. I'm taking a 3-day weekend. Maybe I'll be better on monday. trying to learn this in a rush on my own has got me a little frazzled.

Thanks for the help. I love this site. just found it and have already learned a bunch. still trying to navigate here too.

have a good weekend

CStewart

Thanks gabagoo, I checked the rails and they are clean. It looks like the rubber pully is not attached to the wiper.

Oh well I'm getting fried trying to learn this all on my own and with this sites help. I need a 3-day weekend. will tackle again on monday.

just found this site and love it... already learned a bunch.

time for me to go power down.

:thankyou:

MikePro

was gonna chime in, that when my wiper stopped working... I opened up the printer from the rear and got inside to where the gears operated the pulley.
... all my gears, after 3years of use, had been coated with ink... HUGE gobs of ink. With a tweezers i managed to peel off all the excess ink, which wadded up to the size of a golf ball. Wiper works great, once again!

CStewart

Found the problem

The pulley was not connected to the underside of case. there are 2 screws with a small plate. took the plate off and put the pulley under the plate and reattached and it works now.