• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper Station and Pump Issue

Pacific Sign

Mimaki JV3-160SP

Wiper Station Issue:

I think I have been neglecting this area for awhile. It has become clogged with ink buildup. There really seems to be no problem with the wiper coming out and doing it's job but I would really like to clean this area thoroughly.
Is there a way to take this apart or replace?

Wiper Station Front View

WiperStation_FrontView_Notes.jpg

Wiper Station Rear View
WiperStation_RearView_Notes.jpg

Pump Issue:

Sometimes when performing a nozzle wash the capping station will not
hold the cleaning solution when it tells you to fill it up. This happens all the
time with the cyan capping station and sometimes with the black capping station. I was told the it could be a problem with the pump, not to sure though, so I took a peek back there and noticed some cyan ink particles scattered everywhere.
Does the pump need to be replaced or fixed somehow?

Pumps
Pumps_Notes.jpg

Thank you guy's in advance for any help or suggestions!:thankyou:

bmw_ante

Change the cyan/yellow pump, i can see that the gear is all blue, so the pump hose must be leeking,

Cant you take loose the whole wiper "assy" and then take loose this srews?

genericname

You don't need to access that screw on the wiper assembly to remove it from the printer. The screws that mount the assembly to the rest of the printer are actually at the base of the assembly. Chances are, they're obscured by ink buildup, but if you can poke and prod your way around in there, you should be able to see them. Remove the metal plate first (the one that goes on top of the heater switch), and you'll have better access to the wiper assembly. Just look straight down in the middle of it, between the two wiper rails, and you can't miss the screws holding it in place.

Pacific Sign

Thank you guys for your suggestions! It worked!. Anyway, here's what I did to remove that "Wiper Assembly".

1. Turn off the printer.
2. Move the Wiper Blade manually to the center.
3. Removed the 2 screws that are holding the "Wiper Assembly" at the base.
4. Go to the back of the printer and removed the panel there to access the "Wiper Assembly" through the back.
5. You need to disconnect the motor and the sensor from the assembly. (Gently pull the motor connection first, carefully pull the "Wiper Assembly" towards you and remove the screw holding the sensor in place)
6. Now that it's loose it's soo much easier to clean and replace that gunked up foam thing. (I used some weather stripping to replace the foam).

Anyway here's a few photo's I took:

wiperassembly.jpg

wiperassembly2.jpg

GB2

Old Member
I'm glad you had success in tending to your wiper assembly and I just wanted to say thanks for the great pictures and description of the process. This is something I will surely do myself and you've provided a great tutorial here.