• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wireless print server

racershawn

Has anyone used a wireless print server with there large format printer ... I have a trendnet wireless print server and a prismjet ... I cant seem to get them to talk ..... any info out there??? Thanks ... Shawn

SignBurst PCs

I wouldn't do it wireless. There are too many issues related to wireless that will cause you way too many headaches, even if you do get it to work. It isn't worth the hassle. Run the cable and you will be happier in the long run.

noregrets

I would think that you would have too many issues - you wouldnt want the signal to drop halfway through a big print - personally I would stay wired

jiarby

reliability of the connection not good enough...... it will cause you lots of frustration. Use it for some small desktop laser printer.

PLUS... your wired ethernet can be up to 1000mb if both adapters support it. At the very least it would be 100mb. Odds are your wireless max speed is between 11mb and 54mb. When you are pumping a 2gb print job that may affect your performance.

choucove

I've had to configure a wireless print server onto an office printer and it is not a fun or easy task. In the end it took two days of work to get the two computers to communicate with the printer to at least print a page, but the quality is worse, not all the settings are correct anymore, and it still loses connections at times. In the end that admit it would have been much easier and cheaper in the end to just run a single 50 ft. length of Cat5e cable to the printer and call it good.