Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisconsin stay at home

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by rjssigns, Mar 23, 2020.

1. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Add Wisconsin to the list of stay at home states. Will take effect tomorrow.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome to the club....................... :toasting:

3. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Noticed you're drinking emoji and decided to take inventory. We're good here.;)

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Hmmm..... I stopped drinking over a year ago and don't miss it, but it sure might make some time pass a little faster, but then, I just wouldn't get as much done around the house. :popcorn:

Stay safe and healthy.​

5. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

We are shut down here....I''m doing shop cleanup but have let the employees go file for unemployment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Yup, I'm here in WI also. I'm packing up and going to stay in the country with my boyfriend. Plenty of bookwork to catch up on and can still do some designing from home. I'm going to keep checking in, hopefully all of you will also! It's really nice to talk to everyone even if it's not about work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Saturday we made a paper tracing of a boat hull. Now I'll have a lot of time to take dimensions, enter it into Illustrator and make it the best dang template anyone has ever seen.

• Like Like x 5
  8. rydods

rydods Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Wisconsin here as well.

Haven't found any clarification as to what we can and can't do except for "stay home". Like a lot of us, I work from home and I have a few jobs lined up for small businesses that work out of their home as well as "out in the middle of nowhere". The business is there and I know I'll still get a check when I'm finished with the job. I don't want to be reckless but I feel like I really should conduct whatever is necessary to pull in some kind of income. These are groups of 2-3 people that I have been in contact with over the last few weeks. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm sure there are...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Premium Subscriber

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    Here too.

emplyees are going to stay home. I’ll be in catching up on stuff

10. Stacey K

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    So now I see on TMJ4 that Evers is announcing a "Safer at Home" order? What the hell does that mean? Why is he making announcements before announcements? Get on the news and be done with it already!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rydods

rydods Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Wisconsin

• Like Like x 1
  12. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    To Stacey K, hope you're stocked up on pen caps! lol

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Is America strick on their 14 day quarantines or are you allowed to go for walks in the neighborhoods

14. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You can go just about anywhere, as long as you don't congregate in groups of 10 or more. I can't see how that doesn't happen at the grocery stores, Home Depot and Lowes and the other myriad of places allowed. I was at Home Depot yesterday and there were twice as many employees wandering around as customers. Just doesn't seem right.

15. Jaclyn

Jaclyn New Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Wisconsin
    It's still not clear today exactly what Wisconsin is supposed to be doing. There has been no follow up to yesterday's "announcement of an announcement." Nor have we issued the time this will be enacted. People are clogging dispatch centers with phone calls about what they are allowed to do. Businesses are unclear about when they must close if non-essential. It's a mess. And silence from the Gov's office.

16. Stacey K

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Just saw a FB post from a good sized sign company who also does apparel in my area. I was waiting to see what they would do and then follow suit. They are closing at 4:00pm today in anticipation of the announcement that was announced yesterday. I just put out a post on my FB also.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Here it's 3 or more with the exception of families.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1