• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question With The Nor'easter Coming..................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is there anything special anyone is getting ready for in case of emergency with this swift amount coming in a day's time ??

We checked all of the snowblowers, generators and made sure there is extra warm clothing at home and work, in case of..... whatever. Put extra food in the refrigerator and freezer at work. Have an extra 60 gallons of gas on hand and lotsa batteries.

Stay warm and safe the next day or so. Probably be using my tablet for a few days. This is almost like a mini-vacation for me.

:awesome:

Billct2

It's only one storm and this time of year the snow could be gone in a week...so no real plans, just the usual.
I turn off and unplug all the computers and printers just in case there's some weird power power surge.
My suppliers already canceled deliveries for tomorrow, just hope they'll be here on Wed.
At home I heat with wood so no problems there. I also look at it as a vacation day that no one can say anything about.

WildWestDesigns

So glad that we didn't move further north then where we ended up.

Saturday's snow is about how I like it. Nice and pretty in the morning, totally gone by the evening.

I would rather not have to deal with the barn animals in inches of snow if I can help it.

GregT

Shoveled the driveway, working today. Employees had the choice to work or stay home. You can guess what they did....

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
What a JOKE these nor'easter was... I got maybe 6" made every run around scared and since when did the mail stop delivering based on weather?

skyhigh

it was supposed to start here at 10pm last night, and get 8-12 by mid day today.
Woke up to a dusting, and we ended up with 2 inches tops.

The wind was a bitch tho.

Billct2

We got about 12-14" with some drifts up to 2 feet or more thanks to the wind, and it got heavy with the sleet at the end.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We ended up with around 10" to 12" and lotsa ice/sleet. Dug out at home yesterday and just finished the shop except for the one bay door area. My stepson got around 20" up where he is in Bethel Township. Well, it will go back to normal in a few days.

petepaz

we got around 15-18" spent about 4 hrs plowing with the 4-wheeler and shoveling but on a good note i made it to the tail end of blizzard beers at the fire house (blizzard beers, a self made holiday by myself and few friends where every snow day is blizzard beers at the fire house. it's close so we can all walk or take a snow mobile or 4-wheeler and the booze is cheap)
blizzard beers.jpg

petepaz

they have a descent selection but not really top self like you and i would drink. sometimes they will get items if you request them. the guy who stocks the bar, along with being a fireman also works at a liquor store so BONUS!!!

geb

Ended up getting 25" total. What a storm, I enjoyed getting out in the neighborhood. It was snowing sideways at times.

George