• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wondering how many companies here are dealing with LED Message Board

dlcled

Get a little bored suddenly tonight...Logged in this forum and read a few, but as usual, still no threads or posts related to LED Message boards. And look back into the "LEDS & Neon" zone here, and compared to other zones, I concluded that this zone is the most quiet place. Guess most of sign companies here are dealing with regular signage, printing works? Or the market is dropping down and hard to get LED Boards work to do? What's the situation there in the United States?

Marlene

we put up LED boards and sell them. we only use a company where everything is American made. there isn't much to say in a thread about LED signs as they are what they are and what is there to talk about? not sure why others don't post about them but that is why I don't. if I did post about them, it would be to say that we do a lot of replacements of existing LED message board type signs after a company has bought some cheap thing online. we replace it with a well made product and since it is well made, we don't have much to say about it as we don't have issues to post questions about.

signage

we put up LED boards and sell them. we only use a company where everything is American made. there isn't much to say in a thread about LED signs as they are what they are and what is there to talk about? not sure why others don't post about them but that is why I don't. if I did post about them, it would be to say that we do a lot of replacements of existing LED message board type signs after a company has bought some cheap thing online. we replace it with a well made product and since it is well made, we don't have much to say about it as we don't have issues to post questions about.

Isn't this the truth!

SD&F

I am a wholesale supplier of LED message boards, as well as signage. There is no such thing as a truly AMERICAN MADE products when it comes to LED's. They may be assembled here, but all components(lights, diodes, etc...are made in China). This is a misconception that was put out by a company who assembles here in the USA. I sell LED's regulary and have no issues with my LED'S....been selling them for years. Just shipped 20 with laptops and ready to turn on and go. That's how easy it is. I believe in buy AMERICAN, but did my due diligence on this before I set up a plant.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
I am a wholesale supplier of LED message boards, as well as signage. There is no such thing as a truly AMERICAN MADE products when it comes to LED's. They may be assembled here, but all components(lights, diodes, etc...are made in China). This is a misconception that was put out by a company who assembles here in the USA. I sell LED's regulary and have no issues with my LED'S....been selling them for years. Just shipped 20 with laptops and ready to turn on and go. That's how easy it is. I believe in buy AMERICAN, but did my due diligence on this before I set up a plant.

I agree 100% and a lot of people will determine price as a factor and American Made will most likely be more expensive. Just things to consider

SD&F

Assembled in America costs a lot more than you would think. Price and quality are all that I am interested in when I do business, both are important. I stand behind everything that comes out of our plant and have not to this day had to replace a unit. My products are as good as any products that are being sold as AMERICAN MADE.

Marlene

They may be assembled here,

and every one of those assembled signs were done here by American workers and that is how we keep Americans working. to me that is important. of course it is cheaper to buy something from China but just how much do we keep on buying when you can buy from an American company? they may use the same aprts but those signs are not the same. we have replaced enough of them to know the difference

dlcled

Sorry guys. it's been another long time haven't logged in here.
I agree you all on the points to buy american made signs. it seems to be a little irony or silly to me to ask such a question here though. I do admire american made message displays. My customer also told me that to install a message center you even don't have to go to maintain for 7 or 8 even 10 years.And I also have to confess that lots of(if not most) companies here are doing a really immature work and try to survive in the extremely competitive market. Unfortunately, only a few could really and seriously do their jobs in a standard way. I am not saying something bad about LED business here in China, although we are one of those Chinese small company. However, what I am saying is truth. Nowadays, most led display companies are concentrating LED Video screens which they think could make more standard products so that they can increase their production, but meanwhile it brings a rat race. Companies who focus a certain business, such as Outdoor LED Message board with 10mm, 16mm, 20mm and 25mm like we concentrate are really rare. Not saying that they don't do that job, but they like Video screen more. They also make message boards order, however,they can't do a better job.This reality makes a lower comment in overseas market to all China's LED Manufacturing companies. I know that not all the US companies buy american made signs, however those companies who buy quite cheap price displays will result in a bad experience is true. There is a saying says "you get what you pay" is a really quite golden rule in a mature market.