• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wondering if there's a vendor out there offering.....

Mascitti Bro

...Omegabond, or that type sign blank for sale and would ship "cut-to-size"? (I've found it to be kinda difficult to find a good source to have it cut for me locally, making it unrealistic to buy it by the 4x8 sheet)

Andy D

When cutting that type of material, I have found a metal shear is the best method..
Have you looked at getting one or checked with local metal shops?
Having material shipped rather than brought on a delivery truck would add up real fast.

bannertime

Depending on how much volume you do, a Keen Cut or Saw Trax could be a decent purchase. We buy sheets and cut them to 18x24s, 2x3s, 12x18s, etc. WAAAAY cheaper than buying Max Metal sign blanks from Grimco.

Mascitti Bro

When cutting that type of material, I have found a metal shear is the best method..
Have you looked at getting one or checked with local metal shops?
Having material shipped rather than brought on a delivery truck would add up real fast.
My experience has been that folks with the perfect tool to cut them for me (local metal shops, roofing companies, race car shops) have no time to deal with my puny requests, and it feels like i'm inconveniencing them greatly. It would be much better if I could find them cut to size ahead of time then shipped on the handful of occaisions I need them. (frustrating- I just wanna find a reliable source....)

Andy D

If Grimco delivers to your area, check with them, I'm pretty sure they do offer cut to size, and maybe rounded
corners too..
Just a FYI, If you take your time you can get a decent cut using a straightedge and
a utility knife.

unclebun

Grimco will give you one cut for free. Then it's like a dollar or 5 dollars or something like that. So if we need to make a 2x16, we can have Grimco cut the 4x8 in half. But we also buy 5 or 10 sheets at a time to keep on hand, so if we need to cut them up, we just get out a ruler and knife. Use the big Olfa knife that uses the wide blades. Makes quick work of it.