• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wonky Cuts on Brand New HP/Summa Plotter

Signstein

Ugh. Both our brand new HP printer and plotter have gone out of commission today. Not sure what's going on with the plotter. Everything is cutting wonky - like not closing shapes and cuts not lining up. Has anyone seen this before? Everything seems to be working correctly. I've tried sending cuts both from Flexi and from GQ Manager (Composer). Same results. The only thing I can think of is some kind of conflicting settings - like the software and plotter have opposing settings and it's cutting all wonky.
1697126112460.png
1697126329694.png

Dluckz

Could be your blade type to offset ratio in plotter settings. For example, I believe our "regular" daily use plotter blade has offset set at 0.30 and our reflective at 0.75. Usually this is what determines where the blade begins cuts and finishes cutting by input of what angled blade being used.

Stacey K

I like making signs
1. Tighten your blade. When I got mine the same thing happened.

2. Check to make sure your rollers are down firm on the vinyl. My center one likes to hover just above unless I nudge it down - took me a while to figure this one out LOL

cornholio

Cut out some 45° rectangles or squares. If you see "stepping", your timing belt is jumping.
It could also be a pulley, that isn't properly fixed on the axle.
Standard blades from Summa(HP) have a .43mm offset. Do a offset testcut to see, if it's ok.

Signstein

Thank you Stacey and JBurton!! Geez, I spent a good half hour messing with settings and doing test cuts trying to figure out that the frickin blade was loose...