• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Woo Hoo... Page Rank 3 after 2 months from site launch

HeavyHitter

Google just updated Page Rank (PR) on my www.509media.com site to PR3. I am stoked about this. I started posting info on this site right at 2 months ago and things are going well. Site traffic is steady and quality back links are building.

The Alexa ranking for my 509 Media site dropped again tonight to roughly 2.5 million. It has been falling every week since launching the website. I am happy with the way things are going.

FYI.... for those who do not know what PR is. Page Rank is a measuring system google uses to rank your website and how relevant it is to the content on the site. While Google does not tell the general public how they determine Page Rank one of the key factors is Back Links to your website from related websites. The higher the Page Rank of the site with your link the better your chances of improving Page Rank. In other words back links are about quality more than quantity. If you can create a back link go for. It does not hurt to have a back link from a PR 0 site. If you want to create a back link go to my website and leave a comment on one of the posts. In the URL line make sure to put your full web address. www.YOURSITE.com Once you post the comment Google is instantly notified with the way I have my site set up as well as many other sites tracking the content on my site. By tomorrow you way see the back link show up for your site.

Alexa is kind of a measure of how popular your website is compared to others around the world. If you are serious about making your website turn dollars I would recommend learning about PR, back links, Alexa rank and other SEO goodies.

Signs101.com has a current Page Rank of PR 3. Signs101 Alexa Rank is 112767 which is very good. (Edit: Fixed the PR number.)

What does page rank do for you? Page Rank increases your chances to be found when people search for your products or services. Other ways for to make sure your website is seen my search engines to have content on the site. Content does not mean a bunch of pretty pictures. Content is typed words. The words you use throughout your website need to be planned out. These words are called keywords. Keyword density is enough for a separate discussion.

Some websites and their current Page Ranks:

Facebook = PR 9 (Alexa rank 2)

MySpace = PR 9 (Alexa rank 12)

davidairey.com = PR 5 (Alexa 25,000)

RCcrawler.com/forum = PR 3 (Alexa 175,000)

Anyway, I thought some of you may find this helpful. If you ever have questions feel free to fire over a message.

Dan

Last edited:

HeavyHitter

I am not sure if you can read this pic. I just posted this on my blog less than 4 minutes ago. Google is already crawling the post. If you were curious how fast you can get Google to crawl your site.

Attachments

• google and 509.jpg
    google and 509.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 80

bigwebman

Just to let you know, only the last drop down menu worked for me. Also, how come no mouse over on your logo to take you home?

HeavyHitter

Just to let you know, only the last drop down menu worked for me. Also, how come no mouse over on your logo to take you home?

Only one drop down on the last option so that is why. I am building a new theme for the site and so I have not worked on what you see. I am dropping the pages in the drop down so it will be gone very soon. As for the roll over on the logo... I never planned to leave the header you see on the site now. At the time I put the site up I thought I would have time to get back and finish up things before now.

I have been swamped with other projects and have not had a lot of time to finish the theme for my site. When I make the change I will take the online store I am putting together live at the same time.

Dan

bigwebman

Dan, I think the site looks great, and did not mean to dis it, just wanted to let you know. Congrats on the google rating!

HeavyHitter

Dan, I think the site looks great, and did not mean to dis it, just wanted to let you know. Congrats on the google rating!

I didn't take it that way. I am just excited to get a decent update on this site so quickly. I am open to anyone who wants to point something out to me.

Thanks for taking the time to look over my website. After reading my response I can see why you may have taken it that way. Be sure to check back in on the site in a couple weeks. I hope to find time over the holiday weekend to work on it a little.

Dan

S

scarface

Nice Dan!

Have you gotten any business from launching your site? I'm in the mist of launching mine right now. All I've had up was a splash page for the past 2 years...

astro8

Pretty good Heavyhitter...one thing, remove Alexa Sparky off the machine that your checking your AR with as it'll give you a self expanded reading over time...PR 3 is good.

Alexa Ranking of 2.5mil is Ok, but try and get that down to under 500,000 to you'll get good traffic and more importantly work enquiries.

Mine was 450,000 2 weeks ago but over the holidays has sunk to 525,000 but I'm not to fussed as it'll start going back down after next week.

I find if I keep my site under 500k we can't keep up with the work won through email enquiries and this is the way that you want it....big backlog.

Good luck with your site.

HeavyHitter

Nice Dan!

Have you gotten any business from launching your site? I'm in the mist of launching mine right now. All I've had up was a splash page for the past 2 years...

Thanks for the props. Yes, things have been doing very well with the site. I have more work than I can do at the moment. Good luck launching your website.

HeavyHitter

Pretty good Heavyhitter...one thing, remove Alexa Sparky off the machine that your checking your AR with as it'll give you a self expanded reading over time...PR 3 is good.

Alexa Ranking of 2.5mil is Ok, but try and get that down to under 500,000 to you'll get good traffic and more importantly work enquiries.

Mine was 450,000 2 weeks ago but over the holidays has sunk to 525,000 but I'm not to fussed as it'll start going back down after next week.

I find if I keep my site under 500k we can't keep up with the work won through email enquiries and this is the way that you want it....big backlog.

Good luck with your site.

I know an Alexa rank of 2.5 mill brings the suck. I have another site well under 1 mill that does very well. If things keep going like they are I hope to have this site south of 1 mill. Thanks for taking the time to send the PM to me and posting here.

I am going to keep fighting to raise the Page Rank. Hopefully I will get it up a 5 soon.

Dan

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Small correction to your original post ... our PR is currently 3.

Our Alexa ranking seems to be very highly affected by the holidays and the economy. Most of the year we were down below 100,000 which got us the distinction of being the highest traffic ranked sign industry website. We keep seesawing with SignIndustry.com who puts out a decent email newsletter. They've really seen a drop in traffic of late and are ranked 288,618 as of this writing.

The attached graphs show daily reach graph.png
and page views per user graphpvu.png . SignIndustry.com is shown in blue and Signs101.com is shown in brown.

HeavyHitter

Small correction to your original post ... our PR is currently 3.

Our Alexa ranking seems to be very highly affected by the holidays and the economy. Most of the year we were down below 100,000 which got us the distinction of being the highest traffic ranked sign industry website. We keep seesawing with SignIndustry.com who puts out a decent email newsletter. They've really seen a drop in traffic of late and are ranked 288,618 as of this writing.

The attached graphs show daily reach View attachment 46622
and page views per user View attachment 46623 . SignIndustry.com is shown in blue and Signs101.com is shown in brown.

You are correct on the PR 3 for Signs101.com. When looking at Signs101.com it comes up as a PR 3. All I looked at was http://www.signs101.com/forums/index.php which pulled up a little different. Sorry about that.

Thanks for checking in Fred. I will try and get the post up I mentioned to you last night very soon. I have not had time to up the files yet.

Dan

Dan Antonelli

Page rank and Alexa rankings are fine, but what are you ranking for the terms you want to drive traffic back to your site with?

astro8

Page rank and Alexa rankings are fine, but what are you ranking for the terms you want to drive traffic back to your site with?

This is so true...PR and AR are just a part of the puzzle. Traffics great, if it is the traffic you want.
Use Alexa Rank in conjunction with analytics to the real picture of how your site is performing.
If your keywords and keyphrases aren't ranking in the top ten (preferably top 5) in the SERPS, you have work to do to get them there.

You should know where every keyword/phrase in your site is ranking (I do) and work on the one's that aren't performing and work on the one's that are to keep them there.

Best investment anyone can make for their business is to get someone like Dan Antonelli (I don't know Dan at all, but I know his work and his sites) to get their site on track, it'll pay back in ways that you can't
imagine.

HeavyHitter

I agree Page Rank and Alexa are just pieces of the puzzle. Keywords are very important, but at the same time they are related. I have a couple keywords I am working on to improve on search ranking. So far I feel like things are going in the direction I want them to at this time. I will keep working on keywords and phrases to better performance in search engine results.

Dan, thanks for checking on. I know you have a lot of great work out there doing very well for people.

Thanks
Dan DuBose

Excellent looking page, and nice work as well! You're just up the road from me, I make it to Dothan quite a bit - i'd love to stop by and see your set-up sometime, looks very nice!

HeavyHitter

Excellent looking page, and nice work as well! You're just up the road from me, I make it to Dothan quite a bit - i'd love to stop by and see your set-up sometime, looks very nice!

Thanks for the props. I am working on a new theme for the site to work with the online store I hope to have up soon.

PM me when you are headed to town. I have family in PCB. I am headed down Saturday or Sunday. If you are open on Saturday let me know. It will be a good reason to get out for a little while.

Thanks
Dan

Thanks for the props. I am working on a new theme for the site to work with the online store I hope to have up soon.

PM me when you are headed to town. I have family in PCB. I am headed down Saturday or Sunday. If you are open on Saturday let me know. It will be a good reason to get out for a little while.

Thanks
Dan

I won't be open - but I get bored on Saturday's because my fiance works, so I usually grab my little one and head up here and do some odds and ends. We are right on back beach just after the Hathaway bridge (about 1/2 mile) on the left..either blue van or white Mustang will be parked out front so if ya see it, drop in.