• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

woodpecker cnc

baijurj

Dear cnc Gurus,
I own a woodpecker 1212 cnc router. and we use typeedit type3 version 2003+. can any one guide me with the settings for engraving on metal plates, plaque and wood. - i do cutting without any problem but my settings are not correct on engraving- i use 3mm bits.

many thanks
Baiju RJ

Custom_Grafx

With my 'limited' knowledge of tool engraving, I can tell you this... it's not just 'settings' - it's not like a desktop printer.

1) feed rate
2) material
3) spindle speed
4) what is your cutter made of?
5) are you using the right coolant for the right material?
6) how are you holding your piece down?
7) what angle cutter are you using for what material?
8) is it half cut or quarter cut?
9) what kind of 'tip' have you ground on your cutter?
10) how gradual are you going into your metal? fast? slow?
11) are you engraving in the right direction/rotation?
12) is your cutter ground true centre?
13) is your table true flat?

The above are some very basic variables which can make a big difference to your engraving quality. So you can imagine the combination of variables is large, and when you involve say 5 types of material into the equation... well, there are hundreds of possibilities.

You need to experiment with different 'settings' for everything I listed above, till you get the result you like - this part, is called tradesmanship, and must be learnt by your own experience with the materials you use.

baijurj

Hi Custom Graphx,
thanks a lot, just wanted to know one more thing. which is the best software suited for routing/engraving? how is master cam? can it out put to any machine?
Your reply will help me a lot.

Baiju RJ