• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

woohooo! FASTSIGNS airing on Undercover Boss on Friday (5/4)!

slappy

Out of all i have watched, this one is going to be the most interesting! I don't know if it's been posted here yet, but set your DVR!
BTW, any members here on it??

here is the commercial for it

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Gonna watch that one for sure...

Do production sign women dress like that?

She looks a lil' freaky with that get-up, I don't think I would hire an old punk chick unless she had passed out on the floor of a punk venue like CBGB, Cathay de Grande, Anti Club, Galaxy Cuckoo's Nest or similar... otherwise, she's an old poseur and I would have a problem with that. Then again, if she still passes out from the drink at punk clubs, I might have a problem with that too...

Pat Whatley

With over 500 locations I'm sure they can find somewhere large enough for her to start. I'm a little curious how it will work with franchises though. Granted, I don't watch the show a lot but the ones I have seen have all had the CEO working in various company owned offices, plants and warehouses.

ProWraps

nothing says "undercover" like a camera crew following dude around.

i love how EVERY person they work with on this show has a sob story and loves the company blah blah.

yeah. undercover alright.

LarryB

What's funny is what small sign shop would hire a middle aged woman with no sign experience to do production. Maybe she will help out with customer service.

slappy

i'm really wondering what she is going to give away at the end of the show. I watch almost every episode, and they people the upper gets put with normally makes out at the end with cash, and not petty cash, like $30,000 or a vehicle or vacation or something depending on their story. It'll also be interesting to see her house too, just to see what she's banking and how she's living.

Desert_Signs

I'm VERY curious as to how it works... They were supposed to come my shop and film. The owner didn't get the memo and went to Vegas so they skipped us and picked another local shop.

Mostly, I'm curious, as I'm the guy in charge of hiring people. I'm trying to imagine a scenario where corporate would send someone to me and say "You have to hire this person who has zero sign experience and looks like a punk who wouldn't fit in at all with your current crew." And I would say "OK". I'm not that nice.