• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work Orders, Invoices, Quotes App?

ICeMAnAbk

Hello all,

So, I'm looking at suggestions to help keep the paperwork side in order. I was at a hookah lounge a few months ago and saw they were using tablets for their billing, made me wonder if there was any "Good" paperwork programs out there which you fill out a bunch of fields, and in turn, it generates all your paperwork you'd use throughout the day.

In the past, I would just run off a bunch of sheets then pen in everything and fill out other sheets I'd use. However, more things and quotes I would be sending out, the more time I'd be spending on this. Looking to reduce the paperwork workload. Course, I plan on still having backup paper sheets incase for some reason things go to hell, but filling or typing in every form does get rather time consuming.

Yes, I'm aware you can just download an app, but I'm asking for personal experiences with specific programs or if it was worth it... OR! if there was a big downside to doing this route.

Thanks in Advance,

-Andy

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We use QuickBooks and it works great. We've tailored it to fit our needs over the years and continue to add items and such things as we need.

I'm not one for lotsa paper trails, but I'm also a firm believer of inputting the information once and then you can't make mistakes.

Our quote [from QuickBooks] goes to the customer. Once it's signed and we get a deposit, that exact same information with a click of a button instantly becomes a work order sheet [which eliminates all pricing for the shop] and when the job is finished... another click and it becomes an invoice transmittal sheet and gets sent to our office where it is again has all the same information on it and is turned into a legitimate invoice and either mailed, faxed and/or e-mailed to the customer.

ICeMAnAbk

We use QuickBooks and it works great. We've tailored it to fit our needs over the years and continue to add items and such things as we need.

I'm not one for lotsa paper trails, but I'm also a firm believer of inputting the information once and then you can't make mistakes.

Our quote [from QuickBooks] goes to the customer. Once it's signed and we get a deposit, that exact same information with a click of a button instantly becomes a work order sheet [which eliminates all pricing for the shop] and when the job is finished... another click and it becomes an invoice transmittal sheet and gets sent to our office where it is again has all the same information on it and is turned into a legitimate invoice and either mailed, faxed and/or e-mailed to the customer.

Thanks Gino. I messed with QuickBooks in the past, however, I'm trying to avoid lugging a laptop around with me again. I have a few smart devices, so looking for something mobile as an app for a smartphone/tablet. I hate doing paperwork, however, it's needed. Figure the information collected will be everything from billing information, to sign qty and wording, once input, splits into different sheets. one for the workshop, one for the billing. Not sure if it exists, however my experience with apps is, if you can think of it, there's some kind of app for it.

J

john1

Simply....SignVox. On the go wherever you are. Yes, even at a beach for the haters lol

Letterbox Mike

Just finally signed up....! :clapping:

Working out a few quirks but I'm already amazed at what it can do. :thumb:

Glad you signed up, i's well worth the investment, you won't be sorry!

My favorite part about it is they're constantly pushing out new updates for it. It seems like at least once a week we'll open it in the morning and to our surprise some little thing has been tweaked to improve it.

The only thing I desperately wish they had was an accounting module for it so we could eliminate any "outside" software, having to export sales data to Freshbooks is a hassle, but it is what it is... Last year I heard this was in the works but I haven't heard any more about it. I'll have to bug Kevin soon.

Rickey J

Glad you signed up, i's well worth the investment, you won't be sorry!

My favorite part about it is they're constantly pushing out new updates for it. It seems like at least once a week we'll open it in the morning and to our surprise some little thing has been tweaked to improve it.

The only thing I desperately wish they had was an accounting module for it so we could eliminate any "outside" software, having to export sales data to Freshbooks is a hassle, but it is what it is... Last year I heard this was in the works but I haven't heard any more about it. I'll have to bug Kevin soon.

I love it and could not agree more with Insignia

Kevin-shopVOX

I'm looking forward to updates already as there are a few we'll need in order to use the software....namely being able to apply separate taxes. In our province we have several different tax combinations which has unfortunately put us in a standstill for invoicing. I really hope we get things sorted out because after playing with it for the last week doing things the old way just sucks!! :banghead:

Despite this hiccup I am still very impressed with both the product and the support - both Rao and Kevin have been awesome to deal with.

You can use the split tax feature. It will allow you to split taxes for whatever reason such as the one you are in.

gnemmas

Cyrious 8.5 with dongle for sale

I have a spare Cyrious SMS version 8.5 for sale with dongle, unlimited invoices. $1200.

Just need to pay Cyrious one year tech support to transfer ownership (approx $875)