• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work Orders

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Do you also link your Filemaker system to Quickbooks by any chance?

I do not have them linked. I've heard you can invoice through Quickbooks, but I think I would rather have the order input and payments all in one system. Not sure if that answers your question.

cartoad

I just got thru rewriting the procedures for using our POS program to sell signs, and after reading all this, see I need to revist the work orders we fill out as the customer tells us what they want.
Also years ago, think it was Threeputt suggested using different color paper for the work order, we adopted that and continue to use it, works well to quickly grab wo with all the estimate copy, invoice emails, material bills, ect that build up on a lot of jobs.

Skye

Access

We have developed our own system using ms access and ideas from filemaker and other places. One thing we really enjoy is having a direct link to the file(s)
We browse where the file is located and it saves with our work order. When we reopen this order we just double click the link and it opens the appropriate program.

Skye

phototec

Great thread

This is a great thread guys, I would like to thank all those who posted up samples of the work order forms they use. I will use ideas from all of the examples to deign my own.

Again thanks to all the sign brothers here for there sharing!

:goodpost: :rock-n-roll: :thankyou: :clapping: :U Rock: :notworthy:

KudzuKenny

Work Order/Sales Order through Quickbooks

Hey all, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask a couple of questions since my business went a little different direction than I expected.

I started out on the design sign then got into brokering large format print. Over a couple of years, that turned into buying a large format (8300s) Aqueous machine for doing proofs, art prints and a few high end banners/posters. I have since evolved and have decided to open a full sign/print retail shop, splitting it off from the creative side completely. Now I have the wide format, as well as a print press. I'm using Quickbooks for my books, and a simple job jacket/ticket system with "Incoming", "In Progress", and "Ready for Pickup" separation of the tickets.

Does anyone have suggestion for a better system for tracking numbering and intake for these jobs? I'm really worried about getting overwhelmed - QUICKLY!! I want to keep using Quickbooks, but I think I probably need a better intake and filing system. Thoughts?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
There's been a lot of buzz here about Sign Vox...perhaps it would be worth checking into. JB

jfiscus

Rap Master
My old one was a bit simpler than most posted here, but it did the trick for the small shop I was at.
The bottom was formatted to match a quickbooks invoice, so I could just give it to accounting to have them make up the invoice.

Attachments

• Digi BW Job Sheets.pdf
    258.9 KB · Views: 277