• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

workboot eps

mountainmang

would anyone be willing to share a workboot eps file or to point me in the right direction? it needs to be a lace up workboot like a rocky or wolverine. thanks!

OldPaint

mountainmang

do you have COREL????? ARTS AND LETTERS EXPRESS????
PRINT ARTIST??????? ART EXPLOSION?????
i just bought CORLE X3 $102.00 www.viosoftware.com
arts and letters is $79.00 @ www.arts-letters.com
PRINT ARTIST is $29 http://www.printartist.com/
ART EXPLOSION http://www.hallogram.com/artexplosion/
if your in this business.......YOU NEED TO OWN the right tools......unless your like the guy who is gona cut roll of vinyl with a circular saw......HE IS A CARPENTER......
what's your point? i have thousands in software, just so happened to not have the right image. appreciate the reply though :)

someday you will need something and possibly you will get the same response you just gave...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
:cool: I looked at your site first. Keywords workboot, work boot. You might want to add them to the keywords. Just a thought.

I'll do that ... thanx.

The first principle of searching however is to start wide and narrow down. "Boot" will return a larger number of hits than will workboot, work-boot or "work boot". So I tend to start there and search again if I find more than I want to look at.

In this case the boot is actually a hiking boot that might pass for a work boot. Interestingly enough, you also missed my boot at Fotosearch by using the word work in your keywording. Searching Fotosearch using just "boot" as the keyword, finds my hiking boot right at the top of the list. Fotosearch, who licenses images from me, will charge you $25.00 for my boot and I charge $7.95 for the same image and give you a choice of file formats.

mountainmang

i'm trying to figure out some things here. so, like the other day when i id'd a font for a member, should i have charged him for it?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i'm trying to figure out some things here. so, like the other day when i id'd a font for a member, should i have charged him for it?

That would be up to you and also whomever you did the ID for.

Reading into the reason for your question, it sounds to me like you are equating an information sharing action (ID of a font) with file sharing or swapping (as with giving someone a font or an art file).

In the case of information sharing, that is encouraged here and isn't generally something anyone expects to be compensated for. In the case of file sharing, that usually represents copyright infringement and is, therefore, against site policy. Instead, you received an appropriate response directing you to where you can legally obtain the copyrighted material.

In fairness, I will point out that I develop, publish and sell digital art and it is a significant part of how I earn my living. That is not, however, the reason for the site policy against file sharing. The reason is with file sharing the artist is being deprived of his or her right to be paid for the value he or she has provided. With simple sharing of information, such as ID of a font, no one is being deprived of their fair return and that we choose to help eachother out in ways like this is voluntary and causes no one any loss or harm.

OldPaint

MM....i also pointed you to some AVAILABLE PROGRAMS LOADED WITH CLIPART! " i get no respect"))))))))
i got COREL, 4, 5, ,6, 7, 10 and now 13. I GOT ARTS & LETTERS, I GOT ART EXPLOSION 600,000 and many more.........and i also can draw or take what ive got a rebuild it to be the way i want it.........iam an old resoursful
kinda guy....... I REALLY WAS TRYIN TO HELP YA.....but you got no sence of humor)))))))))))))))))))

mountainmang

MM....i also pointed you to some AVAILABLE PROGRAMS LOADED WITH CLIPART! " i get no respect"))))))))
i got COREL, 4, 5, ,6, 7, 10 and now 13. I GOT ARTS & LETTERS, I GOT ART EXPLOSION 600,000 and many more.........and i also can draw or take what ive got a rebuild it to be the way i want it.........iam an old resoursful
kinda guy....... I REALLY WAS TRYIN TO HELP YA.....but you got no sence of humor)))))))))))))))))))

u seem talented :thumb: i have a good sense of humor, i just seem to lose it now and then :biggrin:

OldPaint

with me...its better to keep it)))))))))))))))))) i used to was a mountain man from west by god virginia)))))))))))))

OldPaint

i was up in the " panhandle" of west by god, and moved to "the panhandle" OF FL. i worked at WEIRTON STEEL, weirton w.va. and south to wheeling.
just before i left in 81 i ferquented DALLAS PIKE TRUCK STOP...a lot))))))))))))))))