• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

workin out today

AUTO-FX

Did some tiling yesterday. The missus has been bugging me to do the back splash before thanksgiving, and since I work best under pressure, here we are. So today I've been running back and forth between the printer and grouting the tiles. I work froom home so it's not a far run, but even still, it's sunday for cryin' out loud! Gonna sleep like a baby tonight!
Hey, i was just thinking, anyone ever use tiles as a substrate?
Okay, you know what- I'm going to start another thread!

Attachments

• misc 9102081.jpg
    misc 9102081.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 70
  • misc 9102082.jpg
    misc 9102082.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 58

showcase 66

Looks good. My wife has been wanting me to do the same thing. She hasnt given me a deadline yet so it will have to wait.

GypsyGraphics

Awesome job chris, it looks beautiful... i'm impressed!!!

i think i just learned something... so deadlines... that's the secret to getting stuff done? wish i found that out yesterday... before i told my husband i'd do anything he wanted ALL day Saturday and Sunday would be my day to call the shots. if i was smart, i'd have taken saturday.

sunday's my dad comes for dinner so i shop and cook most of the day... but today we did lunch because my husband and son have a hockey game tonight. they'll leave at 4 and won't be home till 7:30pm. hubby will be asleep within minutes of getting home... what a jip :ROFLMAO:

i'm quite the shrewd negotiator :tongue:

Last edited:

dj_elite

Chris I did tile work for 16 years with my father, should have mentioned it we could have worked out a deal! :)

AUTO-FX

thanks, isign, this was definitely a multi-faceted "avatar" day too! ironically, she still aint happy.
???

Jillbeans

Looks good to me.
I planned to rewallpaper my backsplash yesterday (don't judge)
but instead spent 8 desolate hours assembling baby and bedroom furniture for my daughter.
So today is the tear-apart the kitchen day.
I dated a flooring guy for awhile.
I have new laminate kitchen floor, hardwood floor in my den, carpet in my livingroom, and tile around my tub.
But it just wasn't worth keeping him for a backsplash.
hahhaha
Love.....Jill

AUTO-FX

Thanks for all the kind words you guys!

hahaha, Jill that's funny. Good way to get stuff done around the house though! Maybe time to find a wallpaper guy to date ! Hey maybe i'll suggest to the wife that she find a boyfriend who tiles???

AUTO-FX

:help
not happy with what???? it looks great!

She's just hard to please and not a happy camper most of the time. Instead of seeing the good she always looks for the bad. Her initial reaction when she saw it done was good, but she instantly jumped to bustin' my chops about the haze on the tile - it absolutely has to be completely haze-free (right now!!!) and she can still see some....she went on to say that she's tired of always having to come along behind me. I think she's the devil in disguise....

surf city

Chris, I had that kinda wife also...........not so much fun after a while. Then one day **POOF** she was an ex-wife.

SignManiac

In that case, hire her a tile professional and hand her the bill. I hate when people complain about something they got for free.

GypsyGraphics

She's just hard to please and not a happy camper most of the time. Instead of seeing the good she always looks for the bad. Her initial reaction when she saw it done was good, but she instantly jumped to bustin' my chops about the haze on the tile - it absolutely has to be completely haze-free (right now!!!) and she can still see some....she went on to say that she's tired of always having to come along behind me. I think she's the devil in disguise....

okay well now that you said this... i'll put my deleted post back... but let me first say. i think the correct response to her would have been to toss her a wet sponge.

deleted post: if this were in a different forum... i'd tell you what i think of people who are hard to please. but i'm sure you can guess... it's short... just two words.