• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Working on new logo idea.

p3

pthree.jpg

I have been trying to sketch out ideas for a new logo. I was thinking I wanted to incorporate the CMYK but I am finding it really hard to work with P3 to make something appealing. I started out doing race car graphics and things like that, but i want a more corporate/professional look as I want to get away from the race car crowd since getting money is a pain. This was a rough idea I started with, and seem to have hit a block and am trying to get ideas from anywhere.

What do you think?

Biker Scout

Fine... I'll critique. The logo looks dated. Also kinda like Spree Candy. Just having CMYK as part of your logo colors doesn't necessarily say that you are into graphics or printing. What do you do exactly? The logo should reflect that to some extent. Even if it said "P3 Design" or "P3 Graphics" or "P3 Studio" or "P3 Promotions" anything... some descriptor. Doesn't have to be your actual business name, as you clearly have spelled out the number, so that dones't seem like much of an issue to you.

ionsigns

Well...maybe I arrived at the party late but...
The prof told me that the character of the logo reflects the nature of the business. That said P3 promotions is what?

Vehicle and Trailer Wraps, Graphic Design, Screen Printing

three is big? why?

I see P3 as the largest graphic element. I see graphics encompassing design, and wraps which encompass vehicles and trailers. I see screen printing as the little sister also-ran in the business which produces the least income margin against gross revenues.

So I do like the CYMK aspect. Most consumers don't understand 4 color process or CYMK. The shading and 3D reflectivity is a good design element.

So did I build anything up or just shoot holes in it?

Last edited:

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
I like it.

Is ther any way to maybe use the word "promotions" to enclose the bottom of the graphic? Incorporate it into a stripe or something. I like the way the t continues the border so something to carry that through?

I lean towards closed graphics so if it needs to be overlayed on a undesireable color you have some seperation.

Fitch

Totally awesome logo. If you are tailoring toward those that know what CMYK is.

If not... you have missed the mark. If anything, I would try a variety of "P"'s.... just not quite there. Maybe a little too large. Negative space works with colour as well... not just white.

Cheers - G

Jillbeans

I like John's suggestion.
Based on what you have, I do like it.
But the P doesn't match the three.
Maybe try that P in the same font and make it pure white.
Then put a phrase beneath it (designs, printing, graphics, signs, etc)
so we know just what it is that you do.
Love....Jill

wildside

at first quick glance i read "P mee"

then i looked and again to see what it said, i think if it is "P3" keep it as that and not "P THREE"

TheSellOut

It is looking sharp! and like Jill I think Johns suggestion is pretty clever too!

My suggestion would be to make the "P" block a bit larger than the other two to make it pop!

Attachments

• p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 109

Marlene

The logo looks dated

+1

it looks like something from the late 80's or early 90's but not from now. not sure it is the fonts used or the colors or both. I can't put my finger on the why of it but it does look dated.

try starting with just type and get that down and then add elements if needed. some times, just really nicely set type works better than all the graphics in the world.

John Butto

mixandmatch

+1

it looks like something from the late 80's or early 90's but not from now. not sure it is the fonts used or the colors or both. I can't put my finger on the why of it but it does look dated.

try starting with just type and get that down and then add elements if needed. some times, just really nicely set type works better than all the graphics in the world.
It is the Avant Garde looking type which was popular in the 70's because it was made with circles and easy to make and cutout. Also Souvenir for big letters because you could take your flat and there were no corners and just curves and wavy lines and really speed through a letter. Now when you use that type of styles with modern computer blends and colors it is like wearing Gucci with PeterMax. When I first saw the logo my first thought was petri dishes.

Jillbeans

I like the typestyle...but then again I like Peter Maxx looking stuff.
I think Heath's idea (as usual) was very helpful.
And I like how Mike added a phrase.

HulkSmash

i disagree with the "it looks dated" It actually looks more modern then anything. Keep in mind who your target audience is.

p3

Ya, the more and more I look at it, it does have an 80's feel. I think for me its more of the magenta and yellow that does it. I like the idea of the bigger middle square & different P and the suggestion of the productions below it where i could put promotions. I am thinking of scratching the whole idea and starting with something new. The screen printing for me is the most profitable at the moment as that is kind of what I started out doing and have the most knowledge in. :) I was looking to be picked apart much worse considering when most of the time I see a CMYK logo it's a quick thrown together basic printing company logo... I just think the P's are so hard to work with...

This is what I had before. I guess I could try to clean this one up?

bcfront.jpg