• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Worlds first shipment of Non Toxic Vinyl

We have been working with Ultraflex for the past 3 months on developing
Non toxic Phthalates free PVC banner. This project could not have any toxic elements and conform to government law (proposition 65 and HR 40 40)

Finally got the first container in warehouse yesterday. These rolls are 50" x 326 feet. Container had 445 rolls of which were all loose..
We had to empty container and re skid. Warehouse guys are still pissed at me....

We are doing prints for a very large toy Mfg's robotics division...

Pretty cool stuff...

Attachments

• inventory1.jpg
    inventory1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 149
  • inventory2.jpg
    inventory2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 106
  • inventory3.jpg
    inventory3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

iSign

funny... I was just logging on to ask scarface if he's heard of HP's wide format latex printer. I know he had ventilation concerns & I'd never heard of latex printers until Grimco's "Friday Specials" email arrived 5 minutes ago...

Replicator

If I scrape the hemp ink off a dry print can I smoke it ?

I printed on some latex media recently and the quality sucked . . . Is that what's meant to be printed form a latex printer ?

TheSnowman

I love the scale that you guys do stuff on Mike! I bet I won't order that many rolls of printed vinyl in my lifetime. Would love to see more pictures sometime.

joeshaul

As a side note, just because you have non toxic banner material doesn't mean you're compliant with the CPSC/CPSIA/HR40. Luckily since I don't think banners are intended for children's use, it's a non point for a strictly sign shop, but as someone who owns a DTG printer, the act pretty much shuts down any sale of merchandise to children, unless I want to spend an extra $400 to test each one off garment I print with some kid's picture on it.

In order to be CPSIA compliant, you would have to send one of each finished banner in for 3rd party XRF testing, as the Act states the individual components passing certification doesn't matter, it's the finished product as a whole. It's really a crap law, and in a few months, we'll be looking down the barrel at it again. Sad to see the government wasting so much time, energy, and money shutting American owned small businesses down.

Bill43mx

Mike,
I remember talking to you about this project. Very cool to see that you've got the end product in your hands now. What was the total quantity again on that order? I think you said something like 17,000 sheets?

As a side note, just because you have non toxic banner material doesn't mean you're compliant with the CPSC/CPSIA/HR40. Luckily since I don't think banners are intended for children's use, it's a non point for a strictly sign shop, but as someone who owns a DTG printer, the act pretty much shuts down any sale of merchandise to children, unless I want to spend an extra $400 to test each one off garment I print with some kid's picture on it.

In order to be CPSIA compliant, you would have to send one of each finished banner in for 3rd party XRF testing, as the Act states the individual components passing certification doesn't matter, it's the finished product as a whole. It's really a crap law, and in a few months, we'll be looking down the barrel at it again. Sad to see the government wasting so much time, energy, and money shutting American owned small businesses down.

Bro.... all partites involved have all this covered... We have had lab tests done globally that would blow you away.... we know what is needed.. we have had these tests done worldwide and if it was only $400 I would kiss you.. times it by 50 and that is what level of testing has been involved in this process to make sure we are compliant to the best interest of tools for educational needs.

your 2 cents is appreciated but way below the level of this project and the end result... Even more impressed you would care enough to give your opinion on the government rules at hand.