• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

worth bein alive for!!!!

OldPaint

1st fire of the year. gonin down to 43 here tonite!!!

Attachments

• fire 028.jpg
    fire 028.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 65
  • fire 031.jpg
    fire 031.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 49
  • fire 033.jpg
    fire 033.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 50

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just picked up our second load of wood tonight....it's a lot of messin' around, but we sure love the constant, bone-warming heat.

JB

Mosh

I have the corn stove fired up...but at $7 a bus is is cheaper to run the propane!!!
Ahh but I have the corn in the bin so who cares!!! Lots easier than chopping wood!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
OP you look damn good for someone who is 6 months past his "best if used by date".
Nice stove - I'd toss the pink shirt in there to see how well it would burn......

wayne k
guam usa

Marlene

43! we call that a heat wave! what you need is a nice bowl of stew and some hot apple pie to go with sitting in front of a wood stove.

OldPaint

I burn a third of a logging truck load a year. We have been into the wood on and off for 3 weeks now mostly at night.
YOU STEALIN WOOD??? how can you run a chain saw in the woods at nite??? hummmmmmm
marlene, i did my time in the cold. ARROSTOOK COUNTY MAINE for 8 years!!!!
as they say in maine.."it coldern' than a mooseyard out ther hey yep."
thanks woodbs.

Billct2

We fired ours up for the first time the other morning.
I got a new stove with a glass front, love to sit and watch a fire.

petesign

Bought a new (to us anyway, it's 108 years old) house last spring. Looking forward to using the fireplace. Had to turn the heat on for the first time last night, was nice and toasty, but I am not looking forward to my gas bill.

:thumb: Happy you are still with us OP

petepaz

i haven't had to turn on the heat yet in NJ (i did test the furnace last week though just to make sure when it does drop we are ready) miss havein the fireplace but not splitting the wood