• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Worth "Fixing" older HP DesignJet L25500

PrintingSol

I just wanna make signs...
Currently have 2 Mimaki CJV30-160's as well as a Roland XR-640, been wanting to purchase a latex printer for higher quality prints...

I was recently given a HP DesignJet L25500, its been sitting for ~2 years completely turned off before it was given to me.

Is it worth "fixing" it?
Im not too familiar with Latex printers so I'm not sure what is needed to fix a latex printer. Assuming heads are clogged, new print-heads would be needed which isn't an issue.

or should I just buy a new printer?

Thinking about buying a new HP 115 Print and Cut, most places have it for $10,300.

Bly

That model will be discontinued soon so you'll have trouble getting parts and ink soon.
Your time & money might be better spent on something else.

dypinc

Sometimes with the motherboard of the old printer you can get a trade rebate on a new printer. It might be worth more for that and part the rest out.

kanini

Why not fire it up and see what happens? The heads aren't the same as eco-sol so you can maybe get them to work even? On an old HP Designjet 5000 I put the heads on some moist soft paper tissue and that cleared some clogs, so if you have spare time you've got nothing to loose anyway if you got it for free? The heads are user replaceable anyway.

JHeard

We have two used L26500s that were sitting for a while before we got them and they have been really great machines. It didn't take much to get them running, and are really easy to maintain. All it took for ours was new heads, ink, printhead cleaning kit and new tubes. It wasn't very expensive and they have done everything I need them to do without issue.