• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

would 3651 clear be ok for this job?

a77

First time doing this, I have a client that is inside a mall but wants their full coverage window graphics applied from the inside of his space.

Would oracal 3651 clear printed reverse and lam'd with white vinyl (which white vinyl??) be an OK choice for this? It's inside, climate controlled etc..

I'm not sure if I should match it with oracal 651 white or something else?

And... let's say it wasn't inside a mall, and the window faced the outside but we still apply "2nd surface", would I need to go with something like 3m's clear 180? Or would 3651 perform ok?

Thanks in advance!

splizaat

Yes. Print reverse to clear 3651, lam with 651 white or 3165 white (i think 3165 might be cheaper...but you can't buy by the yard).

If it were me, I'd still use clear 3651 even on a window that faces outside.

a77

Thanks pat, you're using the RT2 for laminating the white to the clear? Or do you mean for the installation?
I was going to put the 651 white roll on the laminator and do it that way.. and was thinking of doing the install dry.. but really not sure how it will turn out.
Thanks again

splizaat

RT2 for the installation. NOT for laminating...No no no.

Since you're viewing the graphic through the glue in this case, i'd say install wet.