• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

would anyone happen to know where to get 4x4 metal posts in white?

max

for some reason this customer of mine wants metal posts for his sign and not vinyl. but i cant seem to find a source for them. thanks so much for any advice....

2B

not sure of a supplier that sells metal that is white, there are suppliers that have white vinyl sleeves that go over the post.

you will have to paint or have it painted if they want metal only

you need to find a local metal supplier. just be aware metals come in different thickness or gauges that will affect to cost. thicker gauge = more $$$$. you would want steel (unless they want to pay for alum). i would have them powder coated. You will want to cap the top off some how weather it be a flat plate or something more ornate.

max

thanks alot guys for your replies... i am going to research the local steel suppliers.
thanks again

CES020

Fence supply companies all day long. Already painted, paint is baked on. We had an order for 40 2" x 2" posts a couple years back. Local fence supply company was out of stock and couldn't get them by my deadline. Went to a steel company, had them saw them all to size, primed and painted them all. What a pain. Removing the coating on the steel that protects is from rust was a real chore. Literally took me 1/2 a day just to clean them and get them to a point I could prime them.

All in all, not worth the effort.

We bought some 4" x 4" black one's from some online fence supply company about 2 months ago. They were on the west coast, maybe Washington state or Oregon, and shipping was free. If you can't find a place, let me know and I'll see if I can find the name. I'm sure I have it somewhere.

7oaks

Any business around you that does fabrication. I get mine local with one end capped. A local metal fence
company should have what you need also and a selection of caps

Ken

Z SIGNS

We use aluminum posts on most of our post and panel signs.
Occasionally pvc sleeved pt posts.

You can buy 24' lengths of 4" sq 1/8" wall tubing for $4.50 a foot and cut to length as needed.
It's not hard to paint.Etch prime and topcoat.

We find it more cost effective for everyone to use alum.

Think about this by the time you pick up the posts,make sawdust,dress them to look nice,handle them and get splinters you spend a least a day doing this for a nice set of posts.Ask yourself if you would be willing to spend an extra +- $50 bucks to make that hassle go away.

If you use alum you can cut your time way down and you have a nicer post.Well worth the extra $50 bucks the alum cost you.

We even use it for cheap real estate signs.

Here is one we just did.We used 4" sq tubing and welded the frame together then vhb'd the flatbed printed acm faces to the frame.
Transported to the jobsite in one piece.Dug holes and dropped it in.

We could have used wood but we try to work smarter not harder around here.

john simone.jpg