Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would this be a good first printer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by lbumbaca, Jan 30, 2008.

1. lbumbaca

lbumbaca Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Samm

Samm Very Active Member

Mar 12, 2007
    What've they printed on in the pic? Looks like fabric!??

3. lbumbaca

lbumbaca Member

Jun 12, 2006
    I would have no cule. I will call and ask tomm. You think it would be good for banners and pics. Does any one know if this printer will print on vinyl for out door or could be modded to.

4. fastcut

fastcut Member

Jan 16, 2008
    You might want to find out what kind of software you're gonna need as well. I bought a big hp from an architect a few years ago off ebay only to find out the software cost just as much as the machine...mine was more than yours...I quickly resold it thank God, as I was not prepared to spend that much on a cd.

5. Samm

Samm Very Active Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Do a search of the forum, I don't know anything about them but have seen them mentioned.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  6. gvgraphics

gvgraphics Very Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    If you use the GO UV inks you can get 1-3 years outside depending on where it is located and the direction it is facing. Flexi can be used for a rip with most Encad printers.

7. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    that is a pigment or dye based ink machine, it would be ok for indoor posters or photographs but wouldnt be much good for out door signage unless it is short term, so it depends on if your work will be out side or not//chopper

8. lbumbaca

lbumbaca Member

Jun 12, 2006
    both i also have a laminator 38' quickmount for the outdoor work. If ive been reading post right thats what i would have to do. outdoor always gets laminated right. sorry guys still learning