• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

would this be a good first printer

lbumbaca

I would have no cule. I will call and ask tomm. You think it would be good for banners and pics. Does any one know if this printer will print on vinyl for out door or could be modded to.

fastcut

You might want to find out what kind of software you're gonna need as well. I bought a big hp from an architect a few years ago off ebay only to find out the software cost just as much as the machine...mine was more than yours...I quickly resold it thank God, as I was not prepared to spend that much on a cd.

Samm

Do a search of the forum, I don't know anything about them but have seen them mentioned.

Last edited:

gvgraphics

If you use the GO UV inks you can get 1-3 years outside depending on where it is located and the direction it is facing. Flexi can be used for a rip with most Encad printers.

chopper

that is a pigment or dye based ink machine, it would be ok for indoor posters or photographs but wouldnt be much good for out door signage unless it is short term, so it depends on if your work will be out side or not//chopper

lbumbaca

both i also have a laminator 38' quickmount for the outdoor work. If ive been reading post right thats what i would have to do. outdoor always gets laminated right. sorry guys still learning