• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you accept this job? Is it even possible??

We have a customer looking to get a shipping container wrapped in vinyl. I am very hesitant to say yes. It looks like more trouble than its worth.

Attachments

• 20191210_152550.jpg
    20191210_152550.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 377
  • 20191210_152722.jpg
    20191210_152722.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 353
  • 20191210_152954.jpg
    20191210_152954.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 329

letterman7

You're going to have to take very careful measurements to figure out exactly how much vinyl it's going to take to go into all those ribs. I personally wouldn't do it, but I don't wrap. No option for a simple flat panel screwed to the sides?

rjssigns

Anything is possible. Question is are they willing to pay what the job is worth?

Personally I would run far and fast. Thousands of other ways to make money in this business without torturing yourself.

kanini

I hope they are not expecting you to wrap the doors as well? In that case, run! You cannot get the handles and bars off, at least not easily when it's a used container. Also, be prepared to maybe use a high tack vinyl, paints on these are tough to get something to stick to sometimes. I agree a wrap is not the easiest on these but on the sides it's doable with some time and patience. But be sure to put some "margin" for a PITA work in your quote! And also the sides require a bit more vinyl than the length of the container due to corrugations. Good luck!

Joel golden

Single color or printed? Are they expecting the ladder towers wrapped? Fleet quality or show car quality? I mean the sides are easy, the overlaps at the top and bottom of the sides will be a pain. The tubular ladders suck and there will be so many joints and pints of failure... then if they climb them...I’m saying nope even from a fleet perspective

rydods

Member for quite some time.
We did 6 of these earlier this year but with just cut vinyl lettering and they were a headache. The paint was not in the greatest shape similar to this as well. My ego would want to try to wrap it but realistically....NO! Way too much time involved.

flyplainsdrifta

yeahh that doesnt look like a good time. we've done container wraps with mesh banners several times and even those are a huge pain. id run from wrapping and push banner as others have said. if wrapping with vinyl is a must, id run unless they were paying you enough to buy a house cash. because that looks like a real bummer of a job.