• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you buy one of these?

ProWraps

if i needed one. yes. lots of shops use harbor freight tools because of the price. you cant beat them.

some of their tools are crap. but again its price. this one is pretty straight forward either it works, or you take it back and get your money back.

shakey0818

It's funny you mention this saw.I bought the Craftsman Twin Cutter about 6 or months ago and i forgot i had it until you posted it.It comes with a nice case and a a few other things i cant remember.I only made 4 plunge cuts in plywood and went back and forth a few ft. each plunge.It seemed to work great but that was only wood.I have yet to test it further,i soon will.It kinda has a low rpm.I was trying to figure a way out to just buy the blades and add it to my Dewalt 11,000 rpm right angle grinder for more power but i don't think it could be done or that the blades could handel it.The main thing i didn't like about it it had no guide or attachments for a guide.It has no skid plate like a circular saw.

Item description
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00925574000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Demo video
http://s7.sears.com/e2/eVideo.jsp?video=Sears/Videos/Twin_Cutter.swf

shakey0818

Thats why i bought a Craftsman.I usually wont buy any tool with a motor or any blades or bits that are cheep.I love Harbor Freight for drop cloths little items and hand tools.I have top notch tools,all kinds for most trades but as a back up or just to have another set in the shed ,shop, garage, their great.Who doesn't have at least 30 pliers of different kinds,not all are top notch but most are.As for tools with motors i guess i would buy a cheep one if i knew i was gonna abuse the hell out of it,or just use it once.For a main tool that i need to make money with and i need to depend on it i say you get what you pay for.

visual800

I would buy it wish it had a skid plate. as far as cutting all that and not dulling I would have to see that for myself. I cant belive harbor freight put out such an agressive commercial lol

Craig Sjoquist

I see advertised on TV but not by Harbor Freight, if I had direct need yes buy, buying low cost tools is a great way to see if you need a more professional version or just use them burn them up buy another.

Pat Whatley

buying low cost tools is a great way to see if you need a more professional version or just use them burn them up buy another.

Interesting....that's the same mentality we bitch about in our customers who want to "just get a cheap sign for now" always promising that they'll get a good sign once business takes off.

Cheap power tools aren't worth the headache.