• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you please express your opinion for pricing?

judead

Is there something wrong with you ?? No where has anyone given the OP any reason to feel hated. He admitted he is a hobbyist and not good at this stuff, hence why he said he's new to this.

Would you rather he goes through life the way the schools are teaching kids that no one is stoopid or lousy at certain things ?? You want this OP to not understand good layout, design or business ?? Do you think everyone should skate through life without any falls ??

This OP needs help..... and lots of it. Does he want it ?? We won't know until he comes back, but according to you, he just needs some private tutoring. Why can't everyone learn along with him ?? It's a public forum. We're all here to learn from each others mistakes and good fortunes. Right ?? With an attitude like yours, no one will learn a thing, unless you take them under your expert wing.

What is wrong with some of you, anyway ??

:Oops: Jill, I didn't say what you accused me of, either. I think you mixed me up with someone else. OP perhaps ?? :covereyes:

Wasn't going to give him some private tutoring on typography. I was going to give him some private tutoring on pricing which is what most of you do. Are you trying to critique that now? Not saying I don't have thick skin I really don't care what any of you say for the most part. You can give your 2 cents in the way you did it that was about all it was worth.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't going to give him some private tutoring on typography. I was going to give him some private tutoring on pricing which is what most of you do. Are you trying to critique that now? Not saying I don't have thick skin I really don't care what any of you say for the most part. You can give your 2 cents in the way you did it that was about all it was worth.

And again, you win the cigar for the day of being totally out of it and not even realizing it.

You wanna give grief to those who know..... and put down the only people here who can help. You can't help or you'd do it publicly. Going behind the scenes is usually left for things not necessarily for the eyes of others. Somehow, in your keen mind, you think private tutoring of whatever is going to help him, huh ?? The OP came here for help and he needs more than pricing help, but you wanna play nanny to him and protect him from LIFE. You wanna help, then help everyone by answering so everyone can benefit. I have lotsa PM's and they're all conversations which contain private information, fights, friendly gossip and much more, but very little if any is about giving someone private lessons on pricing or sign fundamentals. That part...... is for the whole village.

Why do you not wanna share your expertise ?? What are you hiding ?? What is it, that you know, that no one else has privy to ??

You hide behind the others as being grumpy or haters, when you just seem to be prejudice and share with a select few. Yeah, that seems like the conduct I'd expect from someone who's at the top of their game. :rolleyes:

judead

And again, you win the cigar for the day of being totally out of it and not even realizing it.

You wanna give grief to those who know..... and put down the only people here who can help. You can't help or you'd do it publicly. Going behind the scenes is usually left for things not necessarily for the eyes of others. Somehow, in your keen mind, you think private tutoring of whatever is going to help him, huh ?? The OP came here for help and he needs more than pricing help, but you wanna play nanny to him and protect him from LIFE. You wanna help, then help everyone by answering so everyone can benefit. I have lotsa PM's and they're all conversations which contain private information, fights, friendly gossip and much more, but very little if any is about giving someone private lessons on pricing or sign fundamentals. That part...... is for the whole village.

Why do you not wanna share your expertise ?? What are you hiding ?? What is it, that you know, that no one else has privy to ??

You hide behind the others as being grumpy or haters, when you just seem to be prejudice and share with a select few. Yeah, that seems like the conduct I'd expect from someone who's at the top of their game. :rolleyes:

I am not hiding. I love how you and bob put words in my mouth. I also love how you both are hurt for me saying haters hate and I never named anyone. Is this high school where you pick on someone who has no way of knowing and is looking for constructive criticism and when he gets hurt another bigger bully steps up to the plate?

Oh if you want to call me let me know if you want to come see me let me know. I am here for you baby.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I am not hiding. I love how you and bob put words in my mouth. I also love how you both are hurt for me saying haters hate and I never named anyone. Is this high school where you pick on someone who has no way of knowing and is looking for constructive criticism and when he gets hurt another bigger bully steps up to the plate?

Oh if you want to call me let me know if you want to come see me let me know. I am here for you baby.

No, you've made this about an imaginary process going on in your head and with my help, have managed to de-rail a thread. Unlike you, I will own up to my part. See, how you're helped this newbie. You wanna help, get up in your high horse and then start making crap up, cause you ain't got diddly in your bag of tricks.

bob needs no help, least of all mine. No one here sticks together other than the professionals, both young and old, cheery and grumpy alike. No one is hurt, other than your feelings/ego. Your reasoning powers seem to need as much honing as your career choice as things tend to unfold.

Your last statement is so very much like what I expected. There are so many in this world who make a claim, can't back it up and then emotion take over and they cry like a little baby wanting milk from the teat. Guess ya oughta go get that mouth of your fixated on something, cause it's moving a lot and nothing but jibber/jabber comin' out.

See ya in the next train-wreck ............ :popcorn:

judead

the funny thing is, Gino, he changed it. originally (not in so many words) he said you and bob were ghey for each other

yeah sorry I did let me anger get the better of me.

Look and I am putting this at Captain America you are the one saying I am hiding here I am you want to call or see me come on down or up depending on where you are. Oh let me guess your best skill is you can push a mouse and click a keyboard...

I didn't train wreck or try to grab any thread I gave an opinion then you ranted for 30 minutes on how I was no good and trying to hide and hurting people feelings and now your feelings are hurt for which I am not sorry. All talk and no go. Never said I was a designer. Yes the typography is terrible. It was summed up eloquently in 15 posts before mine. I am trying to help him with pricing. I don't want to advertise how I put out pricing. I don't need to do so at your behest. You are just like Elijah Cummings talk big and bad and then find out all along you were behind the whole thing with mouse and keyboard. Morally and Constitutionally bankrupt is what you are. Flap your internet jaw some more please.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
yeah sorry I did let me anger get the better of me.

Look and I am putting this at Captain America you are the one saying I am hiding here I am you want to call or see me come on down or up depending on where you are. Oh let me guess your best skill is you can push a mouse and click a keyboard...

I didn't train wreck or try to grab any thread I gave an opinion then you ranted for 30 minutes on how I was no good and trying to hide and hurting people feelings and now your feelings are hurt for which I am not sorry. All talk and no go. Never said I was a designer. Yes the typography is terrible. It was summed up eloquently in 15 posts before mine. I am trying to help him with pricing. I don't want to advertise how I put out pricing. I don't need to do so at your behest. You are just like Elijah Cummings talk big and bad and then find out all along you were behind the whole thing with mouse and keyboard. Morally and Constitutionally bankrupt is what you are. Flap your internet jaw some more please.

Yeah, I guess things did get outta hand. I can't even read half of what you wrote. I can get close to the gist of things, but your fuse is about to go off any second..... and you're the one saying you have thick skin ?? Anyway, make all the threats you want. If you think one person on a forum is gonna make me watch over my shoulder..... guess what...... nope. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's been fun and I hope I made your day as pleasant as you've made mine. The main fact still remains, you don't wanna share your trade SECRETS here on a hidden thread with friends and fellow sign people, but you wanna take pot shots at anyone disagreeing with you. I think you should consider going home, having a drink and watch a movie. Maybe tomorrow will be better for ya. Besides, perhaps bob or I'll be somewhere else tomorrow and you can have your way with the newbs............. :thumb:

Everyone has something good to contribute. Actually player, I thought the OP was getting very good replies and helpful ones at that. This guy was the first one to get bent outta shape about nothing and blew up when it was pointed out.

Biker Scout

So anyway... welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay :Big Laugh

Price your stuff based on quantity orders of materials, divide by the number of "blanks" you can get out. Then add in your time. That's how to properly price, without going into too much detail. Every shop is different, plus everyone needs or wants to make a certain amount for their time and materials.

Never use uppercase for script or display fonts. Use Google images to search for garden sign ideas, and just start from there.

It's really not a big deal. Main thing is to have fun, and enjoy the craft. Learn as much as you can, and become a master of your own little world, and I think you'll be just fine!

davey210

WOW, I can't believe what this turned into?

When I first discovered this site, I forget what topic I was looking at, and a person who admitted to being new to sign making, asked a very simple question and attached a picture. The people of this forum not only did not answer his question, but in my opinion, down right attacked him for being new and inexperienced. At that time I did not think anything of it, and moved on.
I have built and repaired allot of things throughout my life. And I have made allot of mistakes, but one thing I am capable of, is admitting that I was wrong, and at least I learn from it so I know what not to do the next time. And I am very opened minded to critisim, because that person may just be right, and have a better way of going about it. I have built this CNC for myself as a hobby. And I have made many presents for family, friends, and coworkers, using all capital letters, and the smile and joy I see on thier faces, when I give them these personalized gifts, makes it all worth while. It looks like the biggest mistake I made making this CNC was joining this forum.
Thank you to the people who were able to read a question and answer it. I did find your input usefull. This is the 2nd forum I have tried in life, and the first one pretty much ended the same way. Bad.
There is a series of 4 different signs I am currently making, I only attached pictures of 2. I run these in batches of 18. And yes, I buy 4 x 8 sheets, spray all 18 at once, and it does not actually take me an hour to make these. It takes more like 50 minutes.
I would have a little more respect for all the ranting of how awfull and unsellable my work is. If for #1, if the question I actually asked was about the looks of the signs. And if I haven't just ordered more materials today for my 5th and 6th batch of 18 I will be moving onto. I have been selling these signs, and wanted to expand my horizons, But according to the general concensus of this forum, I should stop the terrible things I am doing to typeography.
At first I was actually open to the idea of suggestions on layout, but I think Mike Pro said it best, welcome to signs 101. If this is what this forum is all about, I want no parts of this forum. This site needs a mediator to stop things like this.
I think the advice I could give to this forum is that, you should all re read the reason why this site is supposed to exist, and whom it is for. And second, I think we are all the sum of the people we meet. Cherish the ones that support you and are honest with you.
Thanks again for the ones who were able to answer, your input was usefull. I can't wait to see where this all leads to. I am going to get some soda, popcorn, and a comfy chair. RANT ON PEOPLE

tsgstl

When I first discovered this site, I forget what topic I was looking at, and a person who admitted to being new to sign making, asked a very simple question and attached a picture. The people of this forum not only did not answer his question, but in my opinion, down right attacked him for being new and inexperienced. At that time I did not think anything of it, and moved on.
I have built and repaired allot of things throughout my life. And I have made allot of mistakes, but one thing I am capable of, is admitting that I was wrong, and at least I learn from it so I know what not to do the next time. And I am very opened minded to critisim, because that person may just be right, and have a better way of going about it. I have built this CNC for myself as a hobby. And I have made many presents for family, friends, and coworkers, using all capital letters, and the smile and joy I see on thier faces, when I give them these personalized gifts, makes it all worth while. It looks like the biggest mistake I made making this CNC was joining this forum.
Thank you to the people who were able to read a question and answer it. I did find your input usefull. This is the 2nd forum I have tried in life, and the first one pretty much ended the same way. Bad.
There is a series of 4 different signs I am currently making, I only attached pictures of 2. I run these in batches of 18. And yes, I buy 4 x 8 sheets, spray all 18 at once, and it does not actually take me an hour to make these. It takes more like 50 minutes.
I would have a little more respect for all the ranting of how awfull and unsellable my work is. If for #1, if the question I actually asked was about the looks of the signs. And if I haven't just ordered more materials today for my 5th and 6th batch of 18 I will be moving onto. I have been selling these signs, and wanted to expand my horizons, But according to the general concensus of this forum, I should stop the terrible things I am doing to typeography.
At first I was actually open to the idea of suggestions on layout, but I think Mike Pro said it best, welcome to signs 101. If this is what this forum is all about, I want no parts of this forum. This site needs a mediator to stop things like this.
I think the advice I could give to this forum is that, you should all re read the reason why this site is supposed to exist, and whom it is for. And second, I think we are all the sum of the people we meet. Cherish the ones that support you and are honest with you.
Thanks again for the ones who were able to answer, your input was usefull. I can't wait to see where this all leads to. I am going to get some soda, popcorn, and a comfy chair. RANT ON PEOPLE

Not all members are this way, just the ones that sit here waiting for the next thread.
Some of what has been said about your use of fonts is correct. If friends and family enjoy them or even if you find some to buy them then thats great. But if you scrape off the slime that some use when they comment, they are right.

judead

Correct.. Lets move on mr bent out of shape replied because he knew being a hater involved him aka captain america. It's his resume perhaps. Yes have fun that is what it is all about.

Still here and you can call or come see.

Thanks,

Adam

judead

Not all members are this way, just the ones that sit here waiting for the next thread.
Some of what has been said about your use of fonts is correct. If friends and family enjoy them or even if you find some to buy them then thats great. But if you scrape off the slime that some use when they comment, they are right.

Well said. Constructive criticism is just as much a art as sign making.

MikePro

.... but I think Mike Pro said it best

hear that boys?!?
BOOM goes the post/ego+1

p.s. no way you have only an hour invested into production of that... thing.
If you really want to give your friend a low number, and still give yourself a fair-shot at a profit, then maybe fix your math to account for how many units you can produce from one full-sheet of material and how many hours you ACTUALLY would take to produce those units. Then you'll have a true cost of production to base everything off-of after that, assuming your plan is to actually produce more than just one.

judead

hear that boys?!?
BOOM goes the post/ego+1

p.s. no way you have only an hour invested into production of that... thing.
If you really want to give your friend a low number, and still give yourself a fair-shot at a profit, then maybe fix your math to account for how many units you can produce from one full-sheet of material and how many hours you ACTUALLY would take to produce those units. Then you'll have a true cost of production to base everything off-of after that, assuming your plan is to actually produce more than just one.

lol

goforit14

The signs look good, the font choice could be better. Thats how you learn by trying new things and getting feedback . never get offended when people give you negative feedback they took the time off to help you. Its far worse when people let you go along with your mistaken ways and not say anything then you wonder what you're doing wrong.