• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wow! I think I found my Software?

Suz

Hi Biker Scout,
What would you like to know?
Not too many are keen on this software, or should I say that there does not seem to be much interest?
Shiraz (The Company) was and is very nice to work with. We found the software to be affordable. It can
be used with either Mac or PC platform, and that was so important to us since my "Better Half" is a
Computer Tech. We just wanted to be free to use either, not stuck with Mac or stuck with PC. I was a
Mac fan from way back, but learned to use a PC as well. So that flexibility was important for us.

Ease of use was important as well and Shiraz is a pretty simple to use program. Once you get some profiles
right for the product(s) you are printing on, the outcome is very repeatable.

One of the problems I did encounter with Shiraz is that the profiles they give you for printing can be a little
hard to understand at first, because the products are labeled differently and it is kind of hard to figure what
profiles to pick. But once you figure that out, it's a piece of cake.

Setting up the width of the product being printed on is sort of a no-brainer, as the printer sends the exact
dimension of the roll width to the software and that size pops up right on your screen when you are getting
ready to print the job.

Color prints beautiful and it is pretty easy to get the color you want by making some PMS color charts on the
materials that you actually use and just use those colors when you are designing.

We have had some issues with printing longer images, and I am not sure if that is a problem with the program
or with the computer settings, but what is happening is the print just cuts of or stops before we get to the end
of it. Major problem and we still need to find out what is causing it. My focus lately has been on Screenprinted
orders and Embroidery orders, not banners or wide format printing. I don't have employees, so to handle all these
things well is a challenge.

If you want to shoot me a personal message, we can discuss whatever you would like. I don't have a lots of tiime
lately, but I am happy to respond to you directly if you would like.

Hope that helped some!

Since this is a 2 year old thread, Suz... would you mind giving us an update on Shiraz?

I'm in the RIP market right now.