• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WOW just purchased new head..NOT WORKING

tooserious

Just received a Epson DX4 print head for Mimaki Jv3 and installed it as usual(like the 6 or so before I have replaced)
Tried pulling through back of machine still won't give good test pattern very intermittant please help...new dampers!!!:banghead:

WalkerP

Do a nozzle check, do a normal cleaning, do another nozzle check, take a pic and upload the 2 patterns.
Are you ever able to get a good test print or are the dropped nozzles, are the dropped nozzles moving all over the place or are they consistently the same ones?
Where'd you buy the head from?

tooserious

Man this sucks!!!!!!!

:banghead:

Attachments

• 20160426_151414_resized.jpg
    20160426_151414_resized.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 172

MikePro

looks like an ink supply issue to me.
printhead looks like it wants to fire a perfect pattern, but there's not enough ink flow onto the printhead to allow it.

either your ink pump isn't pulling as it should, or your capping station isn't making proper contact with the head, or you have a broken manifold, or an air bubble in the ink line.

------
ink pump can be ruled-out, as the magenta line pumps with an adjacent channel which is firing just fine.

ProPDF

get syringe and push cleaning solution through it. Sometimes their can be air in the channel that normal cleans can't get out. It's always good to flush head with solution before install to get out the solution from the factory. Check your cap top too.

tooserious

Wow wow wow

SO I went through all the stuff new cables new dampers new cap tops.........Put in my old printer head with missing nozzels worked like it did before I took it out ...ordered new Print head from another person and walaaaa no problems . I don't think i trust where I bought the first one seemed like a stand up guy PRINTHEAD DOA pulled ink through all stuuf even tried it again today dead dead dead I think they gave me a bad head...any one else had trouble with INKMED???

:omg:

WalkerP

I've had several bad heads from Epson/Mimaki/Roland out of the box, brand new. It happens. The guy should at least replace it if not offer a full refund.

inkjet frank

print head

how much did you pay for the print head? where did you get them from?
they don't provide warranty for the print head?

WalkerP

You need to make sure there's ink getting to the head. Pull ink from the bottom of that cap line with a syringe. If it's not getting ink that's one thing (pump, bad seal, damper seating, etc), if it's getting ink and not firing then it's likely electrical.
What printer is this question about?