• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WOW just wow!!!

gabagoo

This guy comes in who was recommended by another client.
He carries in 10 black coro signs double sided about 12" x 24".
All vinyl cut and now he needs to have the web changed and the phone number.
He felt it would be a waste to just throw them out and start over, so I measured the area and worked out a price to simply print black on matte white with a white knockout...he would stick them directly over the existing lettering.

I told him the old lettering would show through as a layer and he could care less.
i tild him to run 20 pieces of each to cover these areas would be $90.00.

I kept it low considering what he needed it for and he agreed to the price.

He is from North carolina and has moved up here as business was so bad he could not make a living.

I asked him what he paid for the signs.....and he said.....$15.00 each!!!!

Double sided 2 color vinyl cut on black coro....
I told him i would go bankrupt doing that up here for a price like that.

I was always led to belive that prices for signs in the US were higher than here....guess not. i wouldn't touch a sign like that for under $40.00 and even then i would prefer to print it.

he also told me this woman did his pick up truck - 2 doors and the side bed and rear for....are you sitting down? $150.00!!!!

Oh I almost forgot......the black signs for $15.00 also included a step stake!!!!!

Gad

Last edited:

Fanaticus

I made a quote to a guy who wanted some coro with cut vinyl like that. I gave him a quantity scale, ranging from $13 each all the way down to $8 each. He said it was too much. A few weeks later I started to see his new signs. He probably paid $2 each including shipping.

Jillbeans

I know a schmuck around here doing coros for $12, and truck doors (two of 'em) for fifty dollars. They look like *** but oh well.
Love....Jill

jfiscus

Rap Master
I can't remember the last time I cut vinyl for a coro sign... it's cheaper & less time to do a print. 10 signs @ $15 ea (economical vinyl) with digital printed text is not bad in my opinion.

gabagoo

I can't remember the last time I cut vinyl for a coro sign... it's cheaper & less time to do a print. 10 signs @ $15 ea (economical vinyl) with digital printed text is not bad in my opinion.

double sided step stake too

HulkSmash

This guy comes in who was recommended by another client.
He carries in 10 black coro signs double sided about 12" x 24".
All vinyl cut and now he needs to have the web changed and the phone number.
He felt it would be a waste to just throw them out and start over, so I measured the area and worked out a price to simply print black on matte white with a white knockout...he would stick them directly over the existing lettering.

I told him the old lettering would show through as a layer and he could care less.
i tild him to run 20 pieces of each to cover these areas would be $90.00.

I kept it low considering what he needed it for and he agreed to the price.

He is from North carolina and has moved up here as business was so bad he could not make a living.

I asked him what he paid for the signs.....and he said.....$15.00 each!!!!

Double sided 2 color vinyl cut on black coro....
I told him i would go bankrupt doing that up here for a price like that.

I was always led to belive that prices for signs in the US were higher than here....guess not. i wouldn't touch a sign like that for under $40.00 and even then i would prefer to print it.

he also told me this woman did his pick up truck - 2 doors and the side bed and rear for....are you sitting down? $150.00!!!!

Oh I almost forgot......the black signs for $15.00 also included a step stake!!!!!

Gad

12x24... over 10-15 of them easily go for like 9 bucks each around here..

2B

Not related to cor-plast but the low price aspect Have a competitor that will do the design, cutting/weeding, prepping surface and sticking to a business window 2' x 5' in size.

FOR A FLAT $25

Mosh

$25 each for up to 10, printed so color is no issue, includes a good stand, no a cheapo.

tsgstl

It seems cheap but not "WOW just WOW" cheap

That is the equivalent to a $22.00 18"x24" coro
Even the truck isn't obnoxiously high. I would be higher than both but I wouldn't be shocked either.

Truck lettering = no substrate cost

J

john1

I'd outsource them to a flatbed and make good money on them. $15 isn't unfeasible that way plus stakes of course. Hell i could even do 18x24's for that price or a tad more.

CentralSigns

order from your competitor and sell 'em for $12! :omg:

That's brilliant. Since the competitor is selling his shirt with the signs(he's low-balling), just help him to his grave earlier. The faster you sell the competitors coro for him at a loss the sooner he goes out of business. Can't sell for nothing, forever and hope to continue in business very long.

SignProPlus-Chip

Standard pricing in the area here is $15 for a single side coro (w/H stake) 18x24 and $20 if it's double sided.*

High demand for them down here too, and they are treated more like a complete product than a step by step sign job, if you take my meaning.

*Design time is extra.

Craig Sjoquist

I can not help but laugh out load..so very sorry.

Coro signs here are 18x24 are... 50 cents per over cost RETAIL on a average some are as high as a $1..and not just a few shops alot of shops ... note at least a dozen sign/ print shops within 3 miles of me.

Why do I sometimes BASH vinyl shops in my posts, cause for years I've been bashed for hand painting.

Well in 1975 to 1985 at $200 for 2 doors was sorta low and mostly min. advertisement like 1 color & or few words, I lose bids all the time here now for doors to $40/$60 range.

Ya wonder why I'm not driving or care to much anymore and still like ..hand painting.
It takes vinyl shops 20 years to learn, cause most do not go to school or want to seriously learn, but those who do take advertising seriously we are competing against this garbage they produce and most customers just look at price not it's value when done right.

Excuse my rant but this why I try to always tell ya to read Mike Stevens & Dan Antonelli 's books...Maybe some one will read them here and I won't have to look at at so much garbage, like all these wraps that look like some ones vomit.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
About the same here in Columbia.... We just will not do them for that cheap unless the quantity is over about 20. Single color 2 sided basic lettering only (qty under 10) with spider stakes we start at $25 each. If they want to start adding logos or multiple colors the cost goes up but in general if it's more than 2 colors (or colors that overlap) we then just print them as full overlays on cheapo vinyl.

Standard pricing in the area here is $15 for a single side coro (w/H stake) 18x24 and $20 if it's double sided.*

High demand for them down here too, and they are treated more like a complete product than a step by step sign job, if you take my meaning.

*Design time is extra.