Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOW just wow!!!

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by gabagoo, Jun 8, 2012.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    This guy comes in who was recommended by another client.
    He carries in 10 black coro signs double sided about 12" x 24".
    All vinyl cut and now he needs to have the web changed and the phone number.
    He felt it would be a waste to just throw them out and start over, so I measured the area and worked out a price to simply print black on matte white with a white knockout...he would stick them directly over the existing lettering.

I told him the old lettering would show through as a layer and he could care less.
    i tild him to run 20 pieces of each to cover these areas would be $90.00.

I kept it low considering what he needed it for and he agreed to the price.

He is from North carolina and has moved up here as business was so bad he could not make a living.

I asked him what he paid for the signs.....and he said.....$15.00 each!!!!

Double sided 2 color vinyl cut on black coro....
    I told him i would go bankrupt doing that up here for a price like that.

I was always led to belive that prices for signs in the US were higher than here....guess not. i wouldn't touch a sign like that for under $40.00 and even then i would prefer to print it.

he also told me this woman did his pick up truck - 2 doors and the side bed and rear for....are you sitting down? $150.00!!!!

Oh I almost forgot......the black signs for $15.00 also included a step stake!!!!!

Gad

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    Tags:
  2. Fanaticus

Fanaticus Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I made a quote to a guy who wanted some coro with cut vinyl like that. I gave him a quantity scale, ranging from $13 each all the way down to $8 each. He said it was too much. A few weeks later I started to see his new signs. He probably paid $2 each including shipping.

3. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    ohh I thought you were going to talk about something else.
    But, yep we live with this everyday here. Something should be done.

4. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I know a schmuck around here doing coros for $12, and truck doors (two of 'em) for fifty dollars. They look like *** but oh well.
    Love....Jill

5. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I can't remember the last time I cut vinyl for a coro sign... it's cheaper & less time to do a print. 10 signs @ $15 ea (economical vinyl) with digital printed text is not bad in my opinion.

6. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    My local competitor would do those signs full color double sided for $8 each.:doh:

7. btropical.com

btropical.com Active Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Cheap hookers get the job done just the same , quality of product is the question .

8. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario

double sided step stake too

9. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    order from your competitor and sell 'em for $12! :omg:

10. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    12x24... over 10-15 of them easily go for like 9 bucks each around here..

11. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    10 of the same design, double sided digital print is $28/ea here. I don't sell many of them though :smile:

12. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Not related to cor-plast but the low price aspect Have a competitor that will do the design, cutting/weeding, prepping surface and sticking to a business window 2' x 5' in size.

FOR A FLAT $25

13. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    $25 each for up to 10, printed so color is no issue, includes a good stand, no a cheapo.

14. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    how about the pick up...do they do them for $150? may as well become a movie usher

15. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    It seems cheap but not "WOW just WOW" cheap

That is the equivalent to a $22.00 18"x24" coro
    Even the truck isn't obnoxiously high. I would be higher than both but I wouldn't be shocked either.

Truck lettering = no substrate cost

16. john1

john1 Guest

I'd outsource them to a flatbed and make good money on them. $15 isn't unfeasible that way plus stakes of course. Hell i could even do 18x24's for that price or a tad more.

17. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    That's brilliant. Since the competitor is selling his shirt with the signs(he's low-balling), just help him to his grave earlier. The faster you sell the competitors coro for him at a loss the sooner he goes out of business. Can't sell for nothing, forever and hope to continue in business very long.

18. SignProPlus-Chip

SignProPlus-Chip Active Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Bluffton, SC
    Standard pricing in the area here is $15 for a single side coro (w/H stake) 18x24 and $20 if it's double sided.*

High demand for them down here too, and they are treated more like a complete product than a step by step sign job, if you take my meaning.

*Design time is extra.

19. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    I can not help but laugh out load..so very sorry.

Coro signs here are 18x24 are... 50 cents per over cost RETAIL on a average some are as high as a $1..and not just a few shops alot of shops ... note at least a dozen sign/ print shops within 3 miles of me.

Why do I sometimes BASH vinyl shops in my posts, cause for years I've been bashed for hand painting.

Well in 1975 to 1985 at $200 for 2 doors was sorta low and mostly min. advertisement like 1 color & or few words, I lose bids all the time here now for doors to $40/$60 range.

Ya wonder why I'm not driving or care to much anymore and still like ..hand painting.
    It takes vinyl shops 20 years to learn, cause most do not go to school or want to seriously learn, but those who do take advertising seriously we are competing against this garbage they produce and most customers just look at price not it's value when done right.

Excuse my rant but this why I try to always tell ya to read Mike Stevens & Dan Antonelli 's books...Maybe some one will read them here and I won't have to look at at so much garbage, like all these wraps that look like some ones vomit.

20. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

About the same here in Columbia.... We just will not do them for that cheap unless the quantity is over about 20. Single color 2 sided basic lettering only (qty under 10) with spider stakes we start at $25 each. If they want to start adding logos or multiple colors the cost goes up but in general if it's more than 2 colors (or colors that overlap) we then just print them as full overlays on cheapo vinyl.